August 8, 2006
Helicopter repair facility takes flight
A new 235,000 square-foot helicopter maintenance facility will be built at Boundary Bay Airport in Delta, B.C.
Heli-One, a subsidiary of CHC Helicopter Corporation, is constructing the $30 million facility for workshops and office space.
It will be capable of supporting a wide range of components, aircraft types including AgustaWestland, Bell, Eurocopter and Sikorsky.
The new facility will allow Heli-One to provide total helicopter support and improved efficiency for CHC’s rapidly expanding fleet of aircraft and for third-party customers around the world.
It will allow Heli-One to consolidate existing workshops and facilities in the Vancouver area, and create additional capacity.
Completion of the project is scheduled for October 2007.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin