LATEST NEWS O H & S
August 23, 2006
New respite home
A new $2.5 million respite care bungalow will be built at the Perley and Rideau Veterans’ Health Care Centre in Ottawa for people living with Alzheimer disease.
The Guest House will be an 8,000-square foot, 12-bedroom residence that will provide around-the-clock respite care for people suffering from mild to moderate Alzheimer other dementias.
It will be the first home of its kind in Ottawa to offer short-term, emergency and overnight stays for guests.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant