LATEST NEWS Professional Services
April 4, 2007
Toronto's streets due for a major facelift
Models that illustrate the proposed street furniture designs submitted by the three firms in response to the City’s RFP for a Coordinated Street Furniture Program are on display in the rotunda at Toronto City Hall today from 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The street furniture designs can also be viewed on the city’s website at www.toronto.ca/streetfurniture.
The city has embarked on a number of Clean and Beautiful City initiatives to improve and elevate the quality of public spaces.
Evaluation of the proposals under the RFP process includes review by an independent Design Jury, composed of recognized professionals in their disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture, industrial design, graphic design and the arts.
City staff expect to report on the evaluation results, which also take into account functionality, financial and qualification aspects, to the Executive Committee on April 30.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)