LATEST NEWS Green Building
April 5, 2007
Canadians invited in sustainable building global challenge
Canadian applications are invited for the Sustainable Building Challenge (SBC) to be held in Melbourne, Australia in September 2008.
The Challenge is an international co-operative process to develop new performance assessment tools and to highlight innovative sustainable building design techniques.
Canadian designers, particularly architects and engineers, commercial developers and building owners, are encouraged to submit their projects for consideration by the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team.
Commercial, institutional and residential building types from either the public or private sector will all be considered for the Challenge, but eligibility is restricted to projects that demonstrate potential exemplary and balanced sustainability performance objectives as part of the design process.
All projects must be of the highest architectural quality and projects selected must have complete design documents and be under construction by June 1, 2007.
Priority will be given to projects that demonstrate innovative solutions to one or more problems faced by the building designers that support the SB08 conference theme of “connected, viable and livable” cities.
The iiSBE Canada SB08 Team will select three building projects from those submitted for full evaluation and presentation at the Melbourne conference.
“The Challenge offers a tremendous opportunity for Canadian designers to present their projects to a wider global audience,” says Gord Shymko, chair of the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team Project Solicitation Committee. “Successful participants will gain the opportunity to work with, and become familiar with, the benefits of a highly sophisticated building environmental rating system which is being applied to projects worldwide.”
The closing date for Canadian submissions to the Sustainable Building Challenge is June 8, 2007.
Selection will take place in mid June.
Further information and applications forms are available from the Sustainable Building Challenge Website at: www.iisbe.org/iisbe/sbc2k8/teams/canada/sbc2k8_canada.htm.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project