LATEST NEWS Green Building
April 5, 2007
Canadians invited in sustainable building global challenge
Canadian applications are invited for the Sustainable Building Challenge (SBC) to be held in Melbourne, Australia in September 2008.
The Challenge is an international co-operative process to develop new performance assessment tools and to highlight innovative sustainable building design techniques.
Canadian designers, particularly architects and engineers, commercial developers and building owners, are encouraged to submit their projects for consideration by the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team.
Commercial, institutional and residential building types from either the public or private sector will all be considered for the Challenge, but eligibility is restricted to projects that demonstrate potential exemplary and balanced sustainability performance objectives as part of the design process.
All projects must be of the highest architectural quality and projects selected must have complete design documents and be under construction by June 1, 2007.
Priority will be given to projects that demonstrate innovative solutions to one or more problems faced by the building designers that support the SB08 conference theme of “connected, viable and livable” cities.
The iiSBE Canada SB08 Team will select three building projects from those submitted for full evaluation and presentation at the Melbourne conference.
“The Challenge offers a tremendous opportunity for Canadian designers to present their projects to a wider global audience,” says Gord Shymko, chair of the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team Project Solicitation Committee. “Successful participants will gain the opportunity to work with, and become familiar with, the benefits of a highly sophisticated building environmental rating system which is being applied to projects worldwide.”
The closing date for Canadian submissions to the Sustainable Building Challenge is June 8, 2007.
Selection will take place in mid June.
Further information and applications forms are available from the Sustainable Building Challenge Website at: www.iisbe.org/iisbe/sbc2k8/teams/canada/sbc2k8_canada.htm.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$500,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$500,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$358,545,063 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs