LATEST NEWS Green Building
April 5, 2007
Canadians invited in sustainable building global challenge
Canadian applications are invited for the Sustainable Building Challenge (SBC) to be held in Melbourne, Australia in September 2008.
The Challenge is an international co-operative process to develop new performance assessment tools and to highlight innovative sustainable building design techniques.
Canadian designers, particularly architects and engineers, commercial developers and building owners, are encouraged to submit their projects for consideration by the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team.
Commercial, institutional and residential building types from either the public or private sector will all be considered for the Challenge, but eligibility is restricted to projects that demonstrate potential exemplary and balanced sustainability performance objectives as part of the design process.
All projects must be of the highest architectural quality and projects selected must have complete design documents and be under construction by June 1, 2007.
Priority will be given to projects that demonstrate innovative solutions to one or more problems faced by the building designers that support the SB08 conference theme of “connected, viable and livable” cities.
The iiSBE Canada SB08 Team will select three building projects from those submitted for full evaluation and presentation at the Melbourne conference.
“The Challenge offers a tremendous opportunity for Canadian designers to present their projects to a wider global audience,” says Gord Shymko, chair of the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team Project Solicitation Committee. “Successful participants will gain the opportunity to work with, and become familiar with, the benefits of a highly sophisticated building environmental rating system which is being applied to projects worldwide.”
The closing date for Canadian submissions to the Sustainable Building Challenge is June 8, 2007.
Selection will take place in mid June.
Further information and applications forms are available from the Sustainable Building Challenge Website at: www.iisbe.org/iisbe/sbc2k8/teams/canada/sbc2k8_canada.htm.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 500 projects with a total value of $2,096,783,397 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job