LATEST NEWS Green Building
April 5, 2007
Canadians invited in sustainable building global challenge
Canadian applications are invited for the Sustainable Building Challenge (SBC) to be held in Melbourne, Australia in September 2008.
The Challenge is an international co-operative process to develop new performance assessment tools and to highlight innovative sustainable building design techniques.
Canadian designers, particularly architects and engineers, commercial developers and building owners, are encouraged to submit their projects for consideration by the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team.
Commercial, institutional and residential building types from either the public or private sector will all be considered for the Challenge, but eligibility is restricted to projects that demonstrate potential exemplary and balanced sustainability performance objectives as part of the design process.
All projects must be of the highest architectural quality and projects selected must have complete design documents and be under construction by June 1, 2007.
Priority will be given to projects that demonstrate innovative solutions to one or more problems faced by the building designers that support the SB08 conference theme of “connected, viable and livable” cities.
The iiSBE Canada SB08 Team will select three building projects from those submitted for full evaluation and presentation at the Melbourne conference.
“The Challenge offers a tremendous opportunity for Canadian designers to present their projects to a wider global audience,” says Gord Shymko, chair of the iiSBE Canada SB08 Team Project Solicitation Committee. “Successful participants will gain the opportunity to work with, and become familiar with, the benefits of a highly sophisticated building environmental rating system which is being applied to projects worldwide.”
The closing date for Canadian submissions to the Sustainable Building Challenge is June 8, 2007.
Selection will take place in mid June.
Further information and applications forms are available from the Sustainable Building Challenge Website at: www.iisbe.org/iisbe/sbc2k8/teams/canada/sbc2k8_canada.htm.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding