LATEST NEWS Green Building
November 3, 2008
Four Canadian engineering firms among Top 100 employers
Four consulting engineering companies numbered among Canada’s top 100 employers in a recent report published in Maclean’s magazine.
The list of employers who offer the best places to work was produced by the magazine in partnership with Toronto publisher Mediacorp.
The four firms that made the cut are:
• CH2M Hill Canada Ltd., a Toronto-based firm of environmental consulting engineers. It offers a full-time telecommuting option as well as a “sustainability development” reward program for employees who undertake environmental projects.
• FSC Architects & Engineers, a Yellowknife-based firm of engineering and architectural consultants. All employees share in year-end bonuses. The company offers paid time off to volunteer at a favourite charity as well as a phased-in retirement work option.
• Golder Associates Ltd. The Burnaby-based firm offers international career opportunities through an in-house employee exchange program in addition to profit-sharing and share-purchase plans.
• Jacques Whitford Ltd. The Dartmouth firm offers enhanced maternity leave benefits, tuition subsidies and summer work placements for engineering students.
“I think the results speak volumes,” said Jeff Morrison, president of the Association of Canadian Engineering Companies. “They illustrate the lengths to which consulting engineering firms are going to attract and retain the best and the brightest workers in Canada.”
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex