January 16, 2009
Turnstone Contracting development receives preliminary site plan approvals
Turnstone Contracting has received preliminary site plan approvals for a multi-phase development located at Victoria Street and 30th Sideroad in Shelburne.
The $10.5 million development consists of a 16-unit industrial building (phase one), a drive-thru restaurant (phase two), a 10-unit commercial plaza (phase three) and a hotel (phase four).
Preliminary designs are underway for the one storey industrial building. Working drawings are expected to proceed through summer 2009.
Sub trade pricing for the 40,000-square-foot building may be accepted fall 2009. If everything stays on schedule, construction of phase one could begin as early as late 2009.
The 2,000-square-foot drive-thru restaurant will be one storey high and is not expected to proceed with planning until phase one is under construction.
Phase three, the 150,000-square-foot, one-storey commercial plaza will proceed once phase two is under construction.
Phase four, the 67-unit, 20,000-square-foot, four-storey hotel will also be on hold until phase three is under construction.
All buildings will be steel-framed with fuel-fired heating systems. Site work for the development is underway with Nelson Arnold Construction Ltd.
The design team for this project includes Meritech Services (civil engineering) and Tacoma Engineers Ltd. (preliminary designs). Turnstone Contracting will construct the development.
– RCD Digital Media
The information above was current at time of publication. To provide an update on this particular project, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding