LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
August 16, 2011
CVTech unit lands electrical, mechanical contracts in eastern U.S.
Le Groupe CVTech Inc. of Drummondville, Quebec announced one of its subsidiaries, Riggs Distler & Company Inc., has been awarded a total of US$24 million worth of electrical and mechanical contracts in the eastern United States.
Cherry Hill, New Jersey-based Riggs Distler & Company provides maintenance and construction services to the utility and heavy industrial markets.
The Philadelphia Water Department awarded Riggs Distler a $4.3 million contract to install electric feeders and instrumentation, plus related services to a new pump house and inlet/outlet chambers. Work is scheduled to begin in early 2012 and should be completed by mid-2013.
One firm, which was not named but described in a press release as “a major U.S. Mid-Atlantic utility company,” awarded Riggs Distler a contract valued at more than US$18 million to upgrade the reliability of its overhead electric distribution network in southern Maryland and in Washington, D.C.
Work is scheduled to begin “shortly” and the project “is expected to be completed in December 2013,” according to a CVTech press release.
The third contract, worth US$1.7 million, is for the replacement of a coal-fed boiler wall at a power plant in Delaware. That project, with an unnamed “major American energy producer,” is expected to be completed during the fourth quarter of 2011.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex