December 7, 2011
Brouwer Construction starts building Deer Park Villa long-term care home in Grimsby, Ontario
The Regional Municipality of Niagara, Ontario announced Friday that construction has started on the $8.6-million Deer Park Villa long-term care home in Grimsby.
Scheduled for completion in February, 2013, the institution will be built by Brouwer Construction Ltd.
Niagara Region is the upper tier of municipal government for the town of Grimsby and 11 other cities and towns, including St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland and Fort Erie.
The province has committed $3.2 million in “present value funding” to the project and West Lincoln Memorial Hospital is providing a $1-per-year lease on the land on which the Deer Park Villa is situated. West Lincoln Memorial built the facility in 1987 and Niagara Region acquired it in 2003.
According to Reed Construction Canada Canada’s Building Reports, Brouwer is also working on the Tabor Manor, a long-term care facility in St. Catharines, about 25 kilometres east of the Deer Park Villa.
Daily Commercial News subscribers can find more information on Tabor Manor by searching project ID 9119345 in Building Reports. More information can be found on Brouwer by searching company ID 68407 in Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page.
Building Reports are published daily in the Daily Commercial News. The Daily Top 10 Construction projects can be viewed online free of charge at the Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports web page.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$210,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$51,500,000 Milton ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- VIDEO: RCCAO Pre-Budget Roundtable on infrastructure
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam