December 7, 2011
Brouwer Construction starts building Deer Park Villa long-term care home in Grimsby, Ontario
The Regional Municipality of Niagara, Ontario announced Friday that construction has started on the $8.6-million Deer Park Villa long-term care home in Grimsby.
Scheduled for completion in February, 2013, the institution will be built by Brouwer Construction Ltd.
Niagara Region is the upper tier of municipal government for the town of Grimsby and 11 other cities and towns, including St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland and Fort Erie.
The province has committed $3.2 million in “present value funding” to the project and West Lincoln Memorial Hospital is providing a $1-per-year lease on the land on which the Deer Park Villa is situated. West Lincoln Memorial built the facility in 1987 and Niagara Region acquired it in 2003.
According to Reed Construction Canada Canada’s Building Reports, Brouwer is also working on the Tabor Manor, a long-term care facility in St. Catharines, about 25 kilometres east of the Deer Park Villa.
Daily Commercial News subscribers can find more information on Tabor Manor by searching project ID 9119345 in Building Reports. More information can be found on Brouwer by searching company ID 68407 in Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page.
Building Reports are published daily in the Daily Commercial News. The Daily Top 10 Construction projects can be viewed online free of charge at the Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports web page.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex