December 7, 2011
Brouwer Construction starts building Deer Park Villa long-term care home in Grimsby, Ontario
The Regional Municipality of Niagara, Ontario announced Friday that construction has started on the $8.6-million Deer Park Villa long-term care home in Grimsby.
Scheduled for completion in February, 2013, the institution will be built by Brouwer Construction Ltd.
Niagara Region is the upper tier of municipal government for the town of Grimsby and 11 other cities and towns, including St. Catharines, Niagara Falls, Welland and Fort Erie.
The province has committed $3.2 million in “present value funding” to the project and West Lincoln Memorial Hospital is providing a $1-per-year lease on the land on which the Deer Park Villa is situated. West Lincoln Memorial built the facility in 1987 and Niagara Region acquired it in 2003.
According to Reed Construction Canada Canada’s Building Reports, Brouwer is also working on the Tabor Manor, a long-term care facility in St. Catharines, about 25 kilometres east of the Deer Park Villa.
Daily Commercial News subscribers can find more information on Tabor Manor by searching project ID 9119345 in Building Reports. More information can be found on Brouwer by searching company ID 68407 in Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page.
Building Reports are published daily in the Daily Commercial News. The Daily Top 10 Construction projects can be viewed online free of charge at the Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports web page.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding