LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 25, 2012
Anchorage Contracting inks $1.9-million agreement for Colonial Building work in St. John’s, Newfoundland
The Newfoundland and Labrador government announced Wednesday it has awarded a $1.9-million contract to Anchorage Contracting Ltd. of St. John’s for interior improvements and upgrades to Colonial Building.
The construction work includes structural repairs, new plumbing, new electrical and new washrooms. It also includes the addition of an elevator.
“Architectural design is ongoing to develop tender packages for additional interior, exterior and landscaping work,” the province stated in a joint press release from the departments of Tourism, Recreation and Culture; and Transportation and Works.
The Anchorage work is expected to be finished this year.
Colonial Building, which is intended as a provincial historic site, is Newfoundland’s first legislature. The total restoration budget is $22.3 million. Other work completed includes a structure report, consolidation of plaster ceilings and restoration of ceiling murals.
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on the Newfoundland and Labrador Ministry of Transportation and Works and its construction projects by viewing company ID 112 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding