LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 25, 2012
Anchorage Contracting inks $1.9-million agreement for Colonial Building work in St. John’s, Newfoundland
The Newfoundland and Labrador government announced Wednesday it has awarded a $1.9-million contract to Anchorage Contracting Ltd. of St. John’s for interior improvements and upgrades to Colonial Building.
The construction work includes structural repairs, new plumbing, new electrical and new washrooms. It also includes the addition of an elevator.
“Architectural design is ongoing to develop tender packages for additional interior, exterior and landscaping work,” the province stated in a joint press release from the departments of Tourism, Recreation and Culture; and Transportation and Works.
The Anchorage work is expected to be finished this year.
Colonial Building, which is intended as a provincial historic site, is Newfoundland’s first legislature. The total restoration budget is $22.3 million. Other work completed includes a structure report, consolidation of plaster ceilings and restoration of ceiling murals.
Daily Commercial News subscribers may view more information on the Newfoundland and Labrador Ministry of Transportation and Works and its construction projects by viewing company ID 112 in Reed Construction Data Canada Building Reports.
If you are not already a subscriber, you can be by filling out the form at this web page. Building Reports are published daily in Daily Commercial News and are available online to subscribers. See the Daily Top 10 for a sample of the information available.
To learn more about construction project leads from Reed Construction Data, fill out the web form at this web page.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin