June 18, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Work is moving along on the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in Toronto.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the work in April 2011 for the owners Bazis Inc, Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project includes one 40-storey tower and one 30-storey tower with a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. There will also be ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, commercial space on the third floor and amenity space on the fourth floor.
The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey Concrete; Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (roofing); and Selco Elevators.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$210,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$51,500,000 Milton ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- VIDEO: RCCAO Pre-Budget Roundtable on infrastructure
- Storied Burka Architects downsizes and transitions
- Learning Centre Construction
- Collaboration with industry important to workplace safety improvement: Witmer
- Robot-powered construction revolution
- Engineers design permanent flood protection for Calgary
- Inquest called into fatal Vecchio incident
- Infrastructure Ontario issues RFQ for Ontario Place construction
- Cisco picks Toronto for location of new innovation hub
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- PHOTO GALLERY: 2014 Wood Design Awards
- Wastewater treatment plant tops priority list
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Industry reacts as details emerge about job grant agreement
- Demand rising for Kitimat camps
- Open textbooks are key to skills training
- InPower BC awarded John Hart project contract
- Skills training investment in Manitoba
- Premier claims pact justifies need for $10 billion dam