August 15, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Construction is taking shape on the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in Toronto.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the work in April 2011 and will consist of one 40-storey tower and one 30-storey tower with a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. There will also be ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, third floor commercial space and amenity space on the fourth floor.
The owners are Bazis Inc., Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical); Nak (landscaping) and Patton (interior design).
Subtrades include: Dolente (underground services); Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey Concrete; Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (roofing); Selco Elevators; and Probell (Window maintenance system).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)