August 15, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Construction is taking shape on the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in Toronto.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the work in April 2011 and will consist of one 40-storey tower and one 30-storey tower with a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. There will also be ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, third floor commercial space and amenity space on the fourth floor.
The owners are Bazis Inc., Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical); Nak (landscaping) and Patton (interior design).
Subtrades include: Dolente (underground services); Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey Concrete; Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (roofing); Selco Elevators; and Probell (Window maintenance system).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin