September 11, 2012
Construction continues on Oakville, Ontario hospital
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Rebar work continues for the new Oakville Hospital at Third Line and Dundas Street in Oakville, Ontario.
EllisDon and Carillion Canada joint venture are general contractors for the project designed to meet LEED silver certification and completion is scheduled for summer 2015. The owner is Halton Healthcare Services and the owner’s representative is Infrastructure Ontario.
The project includes four buildings that will be equipped with diagnostic imaging services, operating theatres, rehabilitation, outpatient programs, family rooms, lounges, space for 457 beds and a new main entrance. There will also be a six-level parking structure for 1,180 vehicles and surface parking.
The project was designed by Adamson Associates Architects and Parkin Architects Ltd. Consultants are Stephenson Engineering and Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); H.H. Angus & Associates Ltd. and Crossey Engineering Ltd. (mechanical) and Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical).
Subtrades include: D’Orazio Infrastructure Group Ltd. (site services); Metric (excavation); Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd.; RES and Premform (formwork); Harris Rebar; Geo. A. Kelson (mechanical); Univex Canada Ltd. (electrical) and Otis Canada Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)