September 11, 2012
Construction continues on Oakville, Ontario hospital
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Rebar work continues for the new Oakville Hospital at Third Line and Dundas Street in Oakville, Ontario.
EllisDon and Carillion Canada joint venture are general contractors for the project designed to meet LEED silver certification and completion is scheduled for summer 2015. The owner is Halton Healthcare Services and the owner’s representative is Infrastructure Ontario.
The project includes four buildings that will be equipped with diagnostic imaging services, operating theatres, rehabilitation, outpatient programs, family rooms, lounges, space for 457 beds and a new main entrance. There will also be a six-level parking structure for 1,180 vehicles and surface parking.
The project was designed by Adamson Associates Architects and Parkin Architects Ltd. Consultants are Stephenson Engineering and Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); H.H. Angus & Associates Ltd. and Crossey Engineering Ltd. (mechanical) and Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical).
Subtrades include: D’Orazio Infrastructure Group Ltd. (site services); Metric (excavation); Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd.; RES and Premform (formwork); Harris Rebar; Geo. A. Kelson (mechanical); Univex Canada Ltd. (electrical) and Otis Canada Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project