September 21, 2012
Tucker Hi-Rise works on 70-storey condo at Yonge and Bloor in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Excavating is moving along on the One Bloor Condos in Toronto.
Owner Great Gulf Homes and construction manager Tucker Hi-Rise Construction Inc. have completion of the 70-storey, 732 unit project designed for LEED certification scheduled for the end of 2014.
The tower will include retail space on the first three floors, amenity space on floors six and seven, and six levels of underground parking.
The architect for the project is Hariri Pontarini Architects. Consultants are Cecconi Simone Inc. (interior); Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); Able Engineering Inc. (mechanical/electrical); Fluent Group Consulting Inc. (LEED) and Janet Rosenberg & Associates (landscape). Subtrades include: Anpro Excavating & Grading.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 368 projects with a total value of $7,826,276,357 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$70,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$65,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
- CCA96th: Construction on the Panama Canal Expansion
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- Teamwork and prep key to success: Hadfield
- Wood lobby shoring up support for building code changes
- Palace in the Making
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Barometer reading points toward optimistic prospects
- Energy East Project one step closer to approval
- LNG plant project in Nova Scotia gets green light from environmental panel
- International Holcim Awards now accepting applicants
- CEA releases prevention recommendations for copper theft
- INFOGRAPHIC: 2013 Western Canadian Construction starts
- VIDEO: Construction on the Panama Canal expansion
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Fort McMurray baseball field construction
- Alberta budget using debt to fund construction
- Manitoba Budget 2014 focuses on infrastructure spending
- The robot-powered construction revolution
- Skilled labour needs evolving in Saskatchewan
- Western cities expected to lead the charge for growth in 2014
- New trades training facility at Camosun College