October 2, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Rebar work moves along at the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in North York, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the work in April 2011 and it includes one 40-storey tower and one 30-storey tower with a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. There will also be ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, third floor commercial space and amenity space on the fourth floor.
The owners are Bazis Inc., Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical); Nak (landscaping) and Patton (interior design). Subtrades include: Dolente (underground services); Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey Concrete; Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (roofing); Selco Elevators; and Probell (Window maintenance system).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant