October 2, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Rebar work moves along at the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in North York, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the work in April 2011 and it includes one 40-storey tower and one 30-storey tower with a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. There will also be ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, third floor commercial space and amenity space on the fourth floor.
The owners are Bazis Inc., Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical); Nak (landscaping) and Patton (interior design). Subtrades include: Dolente (underground services); Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey Concrete; Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (roofing); Selco Elevators; and Probell (Window maintenance system).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex