November 8, 2012
Monarch continues construction on Ultra at Heron’s Hill in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Work continues to move upwards on the Ultra at Heron’s Hill condominium project in North York, Ont.
Monarch Corporation is owner/construction manager of the 38-storey, 415-unit tower with a podium, recreation centre, leisure area, a pool and underground parking. The project was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc. Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering (structural) and M.V. Shore Associates (1993) Ltd.
Subtrades include: Michael Bros. Excavating (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc.; C & T Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd.; (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Dufferin Concrete; Primo Mechanical Ltd.; Mayfair Electric Ltd.; Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd.; State Window Corp. and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)