November 9, 2012
2012 construction leaders unveiled
The Leaders of 2012 are here.
The sixth edition of Reed Construction Data’s The Leaders magazine is now available and included with today’s issue of the Daily Commercial News. Once again, this year’s edition features three construction contractors from across Canada based not just on their financial performance but also their internal philosophies for developing leaders and improving work processes.
Bondfield Construction Company Ltd., the Ledcor Group of Companies and Chamberlain Construction Services Limited are the three construction firms featured this year.
Bondfield highlights why its approach of being “as good as its word” has helped it grow over the last 40 years into a $600 million company with a diverse portfolio of work. Ledcor takes readers through how, by living its company culture, it has become a major player in Western Canadian construction. Chamberlain explains how its holistic approach to building, through the integrated project delivery model, has positioned it as an innovation leader in the industry.
Included in this year’s The Leaders are two new features entitled Leaders Revisited in which we check in with Aecon Group Inc. and PCL Constructors Inc., two companies which have graced the cover of The Leaders before. In an ever-changing construction landscape nationwide, we wanted to know how these two giants of construction have adapted and grown since we last spoke to them.
Once again, The Leaders 2012 also delivers expert analysis and economic outlooks for Canadian construction, both nationally and regionally. Also included is a listing of the Top 50 general contractors based on revenue and a detailed profile listing of various construction companies nationwide.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know what you think of The Leaders 2012 or to submit an early nomination for a company to be featured in next year’s edition.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin