November 15, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Construction is moving along on the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in North York, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders Inc. is facilitating the 42-storey and 32-storey towers which include a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. The complex includes ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, third floor office space and fourth floor amenity area.
The owners are Bazis Inc., Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical); NAK (landscaping) and Patton (interior design).
Subtrades include: Dolente (underground services); Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey (concrete); Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum (window and curtain wall); Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (waterproofing and roofing); Selco Elevators; Probell (Window maintenance system); Medi Group (masonry); Mid-Northern (appliances); Metro (hoists); and Dekla (kitchen cabinets)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex