November 15, 2012
TMG Builders continues construction on Emerald Park condos in Toronto
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Construction is moving along on the Emerald Park Condominiums at Yonge Street and Sheppard Avenue in North York, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders Inc. is facilitating the 42-storey and 32-storey towers which include a total of 564 units and five levels of underground parking. The complex includes ground floor retail, a grocery store on the second floor, third floor office space and fourth floor amenity area.
The owners are Bazis Inc., Metropia Urban Landscapes and Plazacorp. The project was designed by R. Varacalli Architects Inc. and consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural); MCW Consultants (mechanical/electrical); NAK (landscaping) and Patton (interior design).
Subtrades include: Dolente (underground services); Michael Bros. Excavating; Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Premform Ltd. (formwork); Teskey (concrete); Lisi Mechanical; OZZ Electric; Toro Aluminum (window and curtain wall); Protech Roofing Waterproofing Ltd. (waterproofing and roofing); Selco Elevators; Probell (Window maintenance system); Medi Group (masonry); Mid-Northern (appliances); Metro (hoists); and Dekla (kitchen cabinets)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant