LATEST NEWS Skills Training
November 15, 2012
Global apprenticeship insights in CAF journal
“Vocational Education in the Age of a Global Workforce” features authors from countries such as Bangladesh, Chile, Lebanon, Sri Lanka and Tanzania who share their visions for vocational training.
The issue highlights common challenges, such as negative perceptions of careers in the skilled trades, and showcases the emerging strategic importance of vocational education and training. Contributors have expressed interest in exploring opportunities for collaboration and knowledge-exchange, with a view to developing effective solutions to common problems.
“The insights that I gained particularly looking at countries like Lebanon or Bangledesh or Chile is that they face a lot of the same challenges (as us). The way that their systems have developed have a lot to do with the cultural expectations and the geographic needs and the industrial needs in those countries,” said Sarah Watts-Rynard, CAF executive director.
She said other counties are looking at Canada in much of the same way Canada is looking internationally for ways approach apprenticeship training.
The journal is considered to be a platform to share research and feature articles, and encourage discussion among apprenticeship stakeholders.
Contributors include researchers, educators and decision-makers, as well as jurisdictional apprenticeship authorities.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin