LATEST NEWS Skills Training
November 15, 2012
Global apprenticeship insights in CAF journal
“Vocational Education in the Age of a Global Workforce” features authors from countries such as Bangladesh, Chile, Lebanon, Sri Lanka and Tanzania who share their visions for vocational training.
The issue highlights common challenges, such as negative perceptions of careers in the skilled trades, and showcases the emerging strategic importance of vocational education and training. Contributors have expressed interest in exploring opportunities for collaboration and knowledge-exchange, with a view to developing effective solutions to common problems.
“The insights that I gained particularly looking at countries like Lebanon or Bangledesh or Chile is that they face a lot of the same challenges (as us). The way that their systems have developed have a lot to do with the cultural expectations and the geographic needs and the industrial needs in those countries,” said Sarah Watts-Rynard, CAF executive director.
She said other counties are looking at Canada in much of the same way Canada is looking internationally for ways approach apprenticeship training.
The journal is considered to be a platform to share research and feature articles, and encourage discussion among apprenticeship stakeholders.
Contributors include researchers, educators and decision-makers, as well as jurisdictional apprenticeship authorities.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project