November 20, 2012
Darcon works on Liberty Development World on Yonge project in Thornhill, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Glass work is underway on one of the towers at the World on Yonge residential and commercial development at Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue in Thornhill, Ont.
The owner is Liberty Development Corp. and general contractor is Darcon Inc. The project designed to meet LEED silver certification includes two condominium towers with a podium and underground parking, retail space, a boutique hotel, and an office tower.
The project was designed by Kirkor Architects and Planners. Interior designers are Smith Grimley Harris Design (office) and Hefele Makowka Design Associates (condos). Consultants include: Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical) and Fluent Group Consulting Inc. (LEED). Subcontractors include: Dufferin Concrete; Verdi Alliance; Village Masonry; University Plumbing & Heating; OZZ Electric Inc. and Alliance Waterproofing Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)