November 20, 2012
ADF Group Inc. approves plan to build structural steel fabrication complex in Montana
The board of directors of ADF Group Inc. has approved an estimated US$24 million plan to build a new 9,290-square-metre structural steel fabrication complex on 100 acres of industrial land located in Great Falls in the state of Montana.
Under its U.S. subsidiary banner, ADF International Inc., the corporation will be operating by the second half of 2013 its new fabrication plant which will be equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, similar to those at its Terrebonne fabrication plant. The annual fabrication capacity of this new plant is estimated at more than 25,000 tons.
Adjacent to its new facility, ADF will set-up a large structural steel fabrication and pre-assembly yard, which the company said will provide an important competitive edge to “rapidly and effectively” serve new sectors and fast growing markets.
In addition to broadening its geographic footprint westward, this strategic investment will also give ADF access to the U.S. public infrastructure market segment.
“During the past months, we have studied many other sites to set-up a second plant and we have chosen Great Falls for its strategic geographic location,” said Jean Paschini, chairman of the ADF board and chief executive officer.
“Situated at 160 kilometres from Alberta’s border, the city of Great Falls will allow ADF to pursue its development both in Canada and the United States. “
ADF said the work on the yard’s infrastructure and the groundbreaking on the construction of the new facility are set for the spring of 2013. Other expansion phases at this new facility could be considered in future years, as demands grow.
ADF Group Inc. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups as well as in miscellaneous and architectural metals for the nonresidential construction industry.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs