November 20, 2012
ADF Group Inc. approves plan to build structural steel fabrication complex in Montana
The board of directors of ADF Group Inc. has approved an estimated US$24 million plan to build a new 9,290-square-metre structural steel fabrication complex on 100 acres of industrial land located in Great Falls in the state of Montana.
Under its U.S. subsidiary banner, ADF International Inc., the corporation will be operating by the second half of 2013 its new fabrication plant which will be equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, similar to those at its Terrebonne fabrication plant. The annual fabrication capacity of this new plant is estimated at more than 25,000 tons.
Adjacent to its new facility, ADF will set-up a large structural steel fabrication and pre-assembly yard, which the company said will provide an important competitive edge to “rapidly and effectively” serve new sectors and fast growing markets.
In addition to broadening its geographic footprint westward, this strategic investment will also give ADF access to the U.S. public infrastructure market segment.
“During the past months, we have studied many other sites to set-up a second plant and we have chosen Great Falls for its strategic geographic location,” said Jean Paschini, chairman of the ADF board and chief executive officer.
“Situated at 160 kilometres from Alberta’s border, the city of Great Falls will allow ADF to pursue its development both in Canada and the United States. “
ADF said the work on the yard’s infrastructure and the groundbreaking on the construction of the new facility are set for the spring of 2013. Other expansion phases at this new facility could be considered in future years, as demands grow.
ADF Group Inc. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups as well as in miscellaneous and architectural metals for the nonresidential construction industry.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant