November 20, 2012
ADF Group Inc. approves plan to build structural steel fabrication complex in Montana
The board of directors of ADF Group Inc. has approved an estimated US$24 million plan to build a new 9,290-square-metre structural steel fabrication complex on 100 acres of industrial land located in Great Falls in the state of Montana.
Under its U.S. subsidiary banner, ADF International Inc., the corporation will be operating by the second half of 2013 its new fabrication plant which will be equipped with state-of-the-art equipment, similar to those at its Terrebonne fabrication plant. The annual fabrication capacity of this new plant is estimated at more than 25,000 tons.
Adjacent to its new facility, ADF will set-up a large structural steel fabrication and pre-assembly yard, which the company said will provide an important competitive edge to “rapidly and effectively” serve new sectors and fast growing markets.
In addition to broadening its geographic footprint westward, this strategic investment will also give ADF access to the U.S. public infrastructure market segment.
“During the past months, we have studied many other sites to set-up a second plant and we have chosen Great Falls for its strategic geographic location,” said Jean Paschini, chairman of the ADF board and chief executive officer.
“Situated at 160 kilometres from Alberta’s border, the city of Great Falls will allow ADF to pursue its development both in Canada and the United States. “
ADF said the work on the yard’s infrastructure and the groundbreaking on the construction of the new facility are set for the spring of 2013. Other expansion phases at this new facility could be considered in future years, as demands grow.
ADF Group Inc. is a North American leader in the design and engineering of connections, fabrication and installation of complex steel structures, heavy steel built-ups as well as in miscellaneous and architectural metals for the nonresidential construction industry.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- LEED Platinum should be for top-tier projects: panel
- Lakeview HLPS Project
- Contractors need to carefully plan for projects, recommends lawyer panel
- Montreal rail junction realignment completed in tight window
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- OCOT review panel objections still open until tomorrow
- Canadian hiring expected to remain stable: survey
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex