LATEST NEWS Concrete
December 5, 2012
Monarch continues building Waterscapes on Toronto Lakefront
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
A concrete bucket gets a hoist at the Waterscapes at Waterview condominium project in Etobicoke, Ont.
Monarch Corporation is owner/builder of the 30-storey tower above a three-storey podium with 344 units. The tower will also include retail, recreation space, fitness facilities, multi-media room, an indoor pool and four levels of underground parking.
The project was designed by Graziani + Corazza Architects Inc. Consultants are: Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural) and Trace Engineering Ltd. and Smith and Andersen (mechanical/electrical). Subtrades include: Rumble Foundations (Ontario) Ltd. and Italform Ltd. (formwork).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin