LATEST NEWS Roadbuilding
December 5, 2012
Plans for new N.B. bridge
SAINT LOUIS-DE-KENT, N.B.
The 69-year-old Saint Louis-de-Kent Bridge in Kent County, N.B. will be replaced with a 200-metre-long structure.
Nearing the end of its serviceable life, the bridge has had a weight restriction of five tonnes since September 2011.
The new bridge will be built next to the existing one and will be higher due to a predicted rise in the sea level. More details will be released once funding is approved.
New Brunswick transportation and infrastructure minister Claude Williams said the location of a nearby historic religious shrine will be taken into consideration.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$500,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$500,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$358,545,063 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs