December 31, 2012
Darcon works on Liberty Development World on Yonge project in Thornhill, Ontario
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Work progresses for the World on Yonge residential and commercial development at Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue in Thornhill, Ont.
The owner is Liberty Development Corp. and general contractor is Darcon Inc.
The project designed to meet LEED silver certification includes two condominium towers with a podium and underground parking, retail space, a boutique hotel and an office tower.
The project was designed by Kirkor Architects and Planners.
Interior designers are Smith Grimley Harris Design (office) and Hefele Makowka Design Associates (condos).
Consultants include: Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical) and Fluent Group Consulting Inc. (LEED).
Subcontractors include: Dufferin Concrete; Verdi Alliance; Village Masonry; University Plumbing & Heating; OZZ Electric Inc. and Alliance Waterproofing Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- P3s can support Canadian resource development
- Parking culture shift can influence transit use and development, says expert panel
- What will it take to improve infrastructure?
- NRC unveils four new research programs
- Water-treatment plant planned for Manitoba’s CentrePort area
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- United States green construction arms race heats up
- Nova Scotia to ban importation of waste water from shale gas fracking
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin