LATEST NEWS Green Building
December 31, 2012
York Region transit facility build begins
Construction began recently on a new transit service facility in Richmond Hill, Ont.
The facility will be used to maintain and store York Region Transit/Viva transit vehicles, and will be built near Leslie Street and 16th Avenue in the Headford Business Park. This state-of-the-art facility includes energy-efficient and environmentally-friendly features and will be built to meet LEED Silver certification.
The total construction cost is approximately $132 million. The Government of Canada is contributing approximately $57 million, the Regional Municipality of York is providing $57 million and the Province of Ontario is providing $18 million.
The construction of the facility is part of a larger project that includes the purchase of 39 bus rapid transit vehicles and the construction of Cornell Terminal in the Town of Markham. The total estimated cost for this project is $170 million, with the federal government committing up to $85 million through the Canada Strategic Infrastructure Fund.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project