LATEST NEWS Concrete
December 31, 2012
The following are just some construction industry members whose passing DCN was made aware of during 2012.
John Zigarlick, chairman of Nuna Logisitcs Limited passes away December 2011. He is remembered for the pioneering spirit he demonstrated in 1980 in the concept, planning and execution of placing Echo Bay’s Lupin gold mine into production.
Allan Bennett, former Vancouver Regional Construction Association president, passes away Jan. 20. He was association president from 1983 to 1993.
Thomas Sullivan, 80, passes away Jan. 14. In 2008, Sullivan received the Jock Tindale Memorial Award from the Ontario General Contractors Association, which recognized his integrity and long commitment to high standards in the industry.
Paul Richer, 64, passes away May 10. Richer of PCL Constructors had a long and successful career in the construction industry in Toronto. Richer was honoured by the Toronto Construction Association in 2011 with their Directors’ Honour Roll award.
Rigo Collavino, 85, co-founder of Collavino Brothers Construction and Prestressed Systems Inc., passes away July 4. In 2011 he was named a “Titan of the Precast Industry” by the Canadian Precast Concrete Institute.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin