LATEST NEWS Concrete
December 31, 2012
The following are just some construction industry members whose passing DCN was made aware of during 2012.
John Zigarlick, chairman of Nuna Logisitcs Limited passes away December 2011. He is remembered for the pioneering spirit he demonstrated in 1980 in the concept, planning and execution of placing Echo Bay’s Lupin gold mine into production.
Allan Bennett, former Vancouver Regional Construction Association president, passes away Jan. 20. He was association president from 1983 to 1993.
Thomas Sullivan, 80, passes away Jan. 14. In 2008, Sullivan received the Jock Tindale Memorial Award from the Ontario General Contractors Association, which recognized his integrity and long commitment to high standards in the industry.
Paul Richer, 64, passes away May 10. Richer of PCL Constructors had a long and successful career in the construction industry in Toronto. Richer was honoured by the Toronto Construction Association in 2011 with their Directors’ Honour Roll award.
Rigo Collavino, 85, co-founder of Collavino Brothers Construction and Prestressed Systems Inc., passes away July 4. In 2011 he was named a “Titan of the Precast Industry” by the Canadian Precast Concrete Institute.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$210,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$51,500,000 Milton ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project