LATEST NEWS Concrete
December 31, 2012
The following are just some construction industry members whose passing DCN was made aware of during 2012.
John Zigarlick, chairman of Nuna Logisitcs Limited passes away December 2011. He is remembered for the pioneering spirit he demonstrated in 1980 in the concept, planning and execution of placing Echo Bay’s Lupin gold mine into production.
Allan Bennett, former Vancouver Regional Construction Association president, passes away Jan. 20. He was association president from 1983 to 1993.
Thomas Sullivan, 80, passes away Jan. 14. In 2008, Sullivan received the Jock Tindale Memorial Award from the Ontario General Contractors Association, which recognized his integrity and long commitment to high standards in the industry.
Paul Richer, 64, passes away May 10. Richer of PCL Constructors had a long and successful career in the construction industry in Toronto. Richer was honoured by the Toronto Construction Association in 2011 with their Directors’ Honour Roll award.
Rigo Collavino, 85, co-founder of Collavino Brothers Construction and Prestressed Systems Inc., passes away July 4. In 2011 he was named a “Titan of the Precast Industry” by the Canadian Precast Concrete Institute.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job