LATEST NEWS Concrete
December 31, 2012
The following are just some construction industry members whose passing DCN was made aware of during 2012.
John Zigarlick, chairman of Nuna Logisitcs Limited passes away December 2011. He is remembered for the pioneering spirit he demonstrated in 1980 in the concept, planning and execution of placing Echo Bay’s Lupin gold mine into production.
Allan Bennett, former Vancouver Regional Construction Association president, passes away Jan. 20. He was association president from 1983 to 1993.
Thomas Sullivan, 80, passes away Jan. 14. In 2008, Sullivan received the Jock Tindale Memorial Award from the Ontario General Contractors Association, which recognized his integrity and long commitment to high standards in the industry.
Paul Richer, 64, passes away May 10. Richer of PCL Constructors had a long and successful career in the construction industry in Toronto. Richer was honoured by the Toronto Construction Association in 2011 with their Directors’ Honour Roll award.
Rigo Collavino, 85, co-founder of Collavino Brothers Construction and Prestressed Systems Inc., passes away July 4. In 2011 he was named a “Titan of the Precast Industry” by the Canadian Precast Concrete Institute.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Future tradespeople put to the test
- Ontario raiding season closes with a thud
- Bird flags challenges in Canadian construction
- Ontario commits to Hwy. 427 expansion
- GO Transit to build new maintenance facility in East Gwillimbury
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during work by BC Hydro
- Federal NDP leader speaks to police 'to help' with Quebec corruption probe
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)