LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 7, 2013
Significant 2012 Canadian building projects recognized
Canadian Architect magazine has recognized significant building projects in the design stage across Canada with its 2012 awards of excellence.
Awards are given for architectural design excellence. Jurors considered response to the program, site, geographical and social context, and evaluated physical organization, structure, materials and environmental features.
Awards of excellence were given to the following firms:
—Atelier Big City, Fichten Soiferman et Associés, L’OEUF for the Centre Culturel de Notre-Dame-de-Grâce in Montreal.
—BattersbyHowat Architects Inc. for the UBC Geological Field School in Oliver, B.C.
—Dundee Kilmer Integrated Design Team: Joint Venture of architectsAlliance and Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects in association with Daoust Lestage Inc. and MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects for the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games Athletes’ Village | Canary District in Toronto.
—L’OEUF for the House in Four Fields in La Conception, Que.
—The Marc Boutin Architectural Collaborative Inc. + el dorado inc (associated architectural firm) for the 1st Street SW Underpass Enhancement in Calgary.
—Kobayashi + Zedda Architects for the Children’s First Centre in Inuvik.
—Paul Laurendeau | Francois R Beauchesne | Architectes en Consortium for the Ampthithéâtre Trois-Rivières sur Saint-Laurent in Trois-Rivières, Que.
—Zeidler Partnership Architects for the GO roof, Union Station in Toronto.
—T B A | Thomas Balaban Architecte for the Spa Le St-Jude in Montreal.
Awards of merit recognized the following teams:
—Lemay (LemayLab) for the Mount Stephen Club in Montreal.
— gh3 for the Real Time Control Building #3 in Edmonton.
One of only two national award programs devoted exclusively to architecture, the awards of excellence have recognized significant building projects on an annual basis since 1968.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- PCL Constructors works on Humber River Regional Hospital in Toronto
- Tower Hill unveils 56-storey condo tower project
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- London association withdraws from COCA
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Provinces need to loosen up apprenticeship rules
- Way Up on Westwood
- Building Up On Bayview
- Barrie Construction Association rolls with motorcycle ride for cancer
- Vimy Ridge memorial gets new visitor centre
- Minnesota Vikings unveil new multi-use stadium plan
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)