LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 7, 2013
Significant 2012 Canadian building projects recognized
Canadian Architect magazine has recognized significant building projects in the design stage across Canada with its 2012 awards of excellence.
Awards are given for architectural design excellence. Jurors considered response to the program, site, geographical and social context, and evaluated physical organization, structure, materials and environmental features.
Awards of excellence were given to the following firms:
—Atelier Big City, Fichten Soiferman et Associés, L’OEUF for the Centre Culturel de Notre-Dame-de-Grâce in Montreal.
—BattersbyHowat Architects Inc. for the UBC Geological Field School in Oliver, B.C.
—Dundee Kilmer Integrated Design Team: Joint Venture of architectsAlliance and Kuwabara Payne McKenna Blumberg Architects in association with Daoust Lestage Inc. and MacLennan Jaunkalns Miller Architects for the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan American Games Athletes’ Village | Canary District in Toronto.
—L’OEUF for the House in Four Fields in La Conception, Que.
—The Marc Boutin Architectural Collaborative Inc. + el dorado inc (associated architectural firm) for the 1st Street SW Underpass Enhancement in Calgary.
—Kobayashi + Zedda Architects for the Children’s First Centre in Inuvik.
—Paul Laurendeau | Francois R Beauchesne | Architectes en Consortium for the Ampthithéâtre Trois-Rivières sur Saint-Laurent in Trois-Rivières, Que.
—Zeidler Partnership Architects for the GO roof, Union Station in Toronto.
—T B A | Thomas Balaban Architecte for the Spa Le St-Jude in Montreal.
Awards of merit recognized the following teams:
—Lemay (LemayLab) for the Mount Stephen Club in Montreal.
— gh3 for the Real Time Control Building #3 in Edmonton.
One of only two national award programs devoted exclusively to architecture, the awards of excellence have recognized significant building projects on an annual basis since 1968.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Youth get hands-on at Future Building expo
- Taskgroup to work on engaging Aboriginal communities
- World Cup stadium strike comes to an end
- Former Quebec construction boss admits collusion involvement
- Manufacturing labour shortage to get a boost from government
- LEED-approved projects are booming in 2014
- Large wave of project enter Holcim Awards competition
- Former finance minister Jim Flaherty has died
- Siemens Canada awarded first wind turbine order in Saskatchewan
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant