LATEST NEWS O H & S
January 14, 2013
HHCA construction forecast event Jan. 17
The Hamilton-Halton Construction Association (HHCA) is hosting its second annual construction forecast seminar Jan. 17 at the Waterfront Banquet & Conference Centre in Hamilton.
Association general manager Sandy Alyman said panelists will discuss construction market conditions moving forward into 2013 and beyond with details regarding development, construction and infrastructure investment in Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area.
“We like to start the year off with information regarding market conditions locally and globally and also provide an opportunity for members to hear from the buyers of construction about upcoming projects that will be going out to tender,” she said.
Speakers are: Mark Casaletto, vice-president and general manager, Reed Construction Data Canada; Neil Everson, director of economic development at the City of Hamilton; Jason Schmidt-Shoukri, chief building official with the City of Burlington; and Ron Taylor, chief real estate planning and development officer at Mohawk College. The registration fee is $40.00 plus taxes for HHCA members and $60.00 plus taxes for non-members.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 299 projects with a total value of $6,054,395,373 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Halton Reg ON Prebid
$191,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$144,000,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
- Toronto firms tops for Winnipeg hut designs
- Toronto architect releases music album
- Road pricing an effective congestion fighter, say experts
- What does “Local Knowledge” really mean in Ontario AFPs?
- United States construction employers add 17,000 jobs in November but growth is uneven, finds AGC
- Toronto housing starts dip: CMHC
- Active unions needed, says Segal
- Saint John Harbour Bridge project wraps up
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex