LATEST NEWS O H & S
January 14, 2013
HHCA construction forecast event Jan. 17
The Hamilton-Halton Construction Association (HHCA) is hosting its second annual construction forecast seminar Jan. 17 at the Waterfront Banquet & Conference Centre in Hamilton.
Association general manager Sandy Alyman said panelists will discuss construction market conditions moving forward into 2013 and beyond with details regarding development, construction and infrastructure investment in Ontario and the Greater Toronto Area.
“We like to start the year off with information regarding market conditions locally and globally and also provide an opportunity for members to hear from the buyers of construction about upcoming projects that will be going out to tender,” she said.
Speakers are: Mark Casaletto, vice-president and general manager, Reed Construction Data Canada; Neil Everson, director of economic development at the City of Hamilton; Jason Schmidt-Shoukri, chief building official with the City of Burlington; and Ron Taylor, chief real estate planning and development officer at Mohawk College. The registration fee is $40.00 plus taxes for HHCA members and $60.00 plus taxes for non-members.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 433 projects with a total value of $3,210,413,882 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$210,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$110,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$51,500,000 Milton ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Wins delivered on infrastructure front: Rizzardo
- Behind the Velodrome’s Veil
- Ontario’s prompt payment bill needs work but supported
- Southwest L-evation
- Post-bid clarifications make feds liable for bid repair
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Ritchie Bros. hold first Canadian auction of 2014
- Skilled labour needs changing in Saskatchewan
- Quebec’s construction momentum ebbs after 15 years of expansion
- VIDEO: Canadian Construction Association conference Panama preview
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Wood Design Awards
- Lone bidder prepares P3 proposal for Alberta schools
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project