January 21, 2013
Revitalization of Queens Quay continues to make progress
Work continues on the Queens Quay revitalization project in Toronto, where a 1.7-kilometre stretch along Lake Ontario is being completely rebuilt and revitalized above and below the ground.
Preparations for the construction of a new parking lay-by located on the west side of York Street, south of Harbour Street have begun.
Fencing has been installed in the work zone and construction is expected to be complete by the end of this month.
Crews continue their preparations for the installation of new storm and sanitary infrastructure on Queens Quay. The installation of the first dewatering wellheads has started in the north lanes in front of Shoppers Drug Mart and 390 Queens Quay. This work will continue east to Bay Street over the next month.
Construction activities are underway on the Peter Slip Bridge with crews now beginning to undertake the demolition and removal of the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) rails spanning the bridge.
Toronto Hydro will continue working in five locations along the corridor. Crews are located: east of the Yonge Slip, outside the Westin Hotel, the north side of Queens Quay just west of Bay St., at the York Street Slip and on the south side of Queens Quay between York St. and the Peter Slip Bridge.
The project is expected to be complete in early 2015.
For more construction news follow @DCN_Canada on Twitter.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin