January 18, 2013
Construction continues on Oakville, Ontario hospital
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Concrete pumping continues on the new Oakville Hospital at Third Line and Dundas Street in Oakville, Ont.
EllisDon and Carillion Canada joint venture are general contractors for the project designed to meet LEED silver certification and completion is scheduled for summer 2015. The owner is Halton Healthcare Services and the owner’s representative is Infrastructure Ontario. The project includes four buildings that will be equipped with diagnostic imaging services, operating theatres, rehabilitation, outpatient programs, family rooms, lounges, space for 457 beds and a new main entrance. There will also be a six-level parking structure for 1,180 vehicles and surface parking.
The project was designed by Adamson Associates Architects and Parkin Architects Ltd. Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering and Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); H.H. Angus & Associates Ltd. and Crossey Engineering Ltd. (mechanical) and Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical).
Subtrades include: D’Orazio Infrastructure Group Ltd. (site services); Metric (excavation); Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd.; RES and Premform (formwork); Harris Rebar; Geo. A. Kelson (mechanical); Univex Canada Ltd. (electrical) and Otis Canada Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job