January 18, 2013
Construction continues on Oakville, Ontario hospital
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Concrete pumping continues on the new Oakville Hospital at Third Line and Dundas Street in Oakville, Ont.
EllisDon and Carillion Canada joint venture are general contractors for the project designed to meet LEED silver certification and completion is scheduled for summer 2015. The owner is Halton Healthcare Services and the owner’s representative is Infrastructure Ontario. The project includes four buildings that will be equipped with diagnostic imaging services, operating theatres, rehabilitation, outpatient programs, family rooms, lounges, space for 457 beds and a new main entrance. There will also be a six-level parking structure for 1,180 vehicles and surface parking.
The project was designed by Adamson Associates Architects and Parkin Architects Ltd. Consultants are: Stephenson Engineering and Read Jones Christoffersen Ltd. (structural); H.H. Angus & Associates Ltd. and Crossey Engineering Ltd. (mechanical) and Mulvey & Banani International Inc. (electrical).
Subtrades include: D’Orazio Infrastructure Group Ltd. (site services); Metric (excavation); Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd.; RES and Premform (formwork); Harris Rebar; Geo. A. Kelson (mechanical); Univex Canada Ltd. (electrical) and Otis Canada Inc. (elevators).
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin