LATEST NEWS Trade Contracting
January 18, 2013
Hydroelectric project may need assessing
The Canadian Environmental Agency will have to decide whether an environmental assessment is necessary for the proposed Elizabeth Falls Hydroelectric Project in northern Saskatchewan.
The process is in accordance to the Canadian Environmental Assessment Act, 2012, which was implemented to promote responsible resource development initiatives.
Both the Black Lake First Nation and Saskatchewan Power Corporation have proposed to build a 42 to 50 megawatt water diversion type, electrical generation station at Elizabeth Falls, close to Black Lake First Nation Reserve lands.
For more construction news follow @DCN_Canada on Twitter.
DCN DIGITAL MEDIA
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 333 projects with a total value of $13,209,890,621 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$150,000,000 Toronto ON Negotiated
$35,000,000 Chatham ON Negotiated
$26,000,000 Sudbury ON Tenders
- Potential hiring quotas overshadow infrastructure act
- GO Green
- P3 mega bridges require mega planning
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Karakatsanis one of Canada’s powerful women
- Gerard McDonald new Professional Engineers Ontario registrar
- Oshawa urban design awards nominations open
- U.S. construction spending hits highest level in four years
- Amount of leased industrial/retail and office properties increases
- Residential sales in the GTA on the rise
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs