January 23, 2013
Construction continues on York Harbour Club Condos in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work is moving up on the York Harbour Club Condominiums on Bastion Street in Toronto, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the two-tower project in November 2011 for owner Plaza Corp. and the work includes one 17-storey and one 16-storey tower with a total of 502 units and four levels of underground parking.
The towers will be connected by a six-storey podium and completion is scheduled for early 2014. The project was designed by Quadrangle Architects. Consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and Concord Engineering (mechanical/electrical).
Subtrades include: Anpro Excavating & Grading Ltd.; Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Verdi (formwork); Global Precast; VIP Railings (structural steel); CBM (concrete); Primo Mechanical; Nortown Electric; State Windows Corp. Tedesco (roofing) and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)