January 23, 2013
Construction continues on York Harbour Club Condos in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work is moving up on the York Harbour Club Condominiums on Bastion Street in Toronto, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the two-tower project in November 2011 for owner Plaza Corp. and the work includes one 17-storey and one 16-storey tower with a total of 502 units and four levels of underground parking.
The towers will be connected by a six-storey podium and completion is scheduled for early 2014. The project was designed by Quadrangle Architects. Consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and Concord Engineering (mechanical/electrical).
Subtrades include: Anpro Excavating & Grading Ltd.; Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Verdi (formwork); Global Precast; VIP Railings (structural steel); CBM (concrete); Primo Mechanical; Nortown Electric; State Windows Corp. Tedesco (roofing) and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 309 projects with a total value of $9,233,720,297 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$500,000,000 Ottawa ON Prebid
$500,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$358,545,063 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- Concrete awards recognize Ontario’s best
- New changes will strengthen the culture
- Highway projects completed for 2013
- Lack of established areas driving up home prices
- Auto association pushes for dedicated funding
- New airport construction breaks ground
- U.S. manufacturing sector rising at a quick pace
- Oil projects help to lower deficit
- Vandals cause nearly $250,000 in water damage
- Construction cut back in latest B.C. budget update
- Alberta and Manitoba led the pack for labour productivity
- Feds infrastructure commitment re-affirmed
- Infrastructure impacted by climate change
- West End Residential rises
- Changing procurement impacts felt
- Aurora LNG files export bid
- New Brunswick premier touts pipeline jobs