January 23, 2013
Construction continues on York Harbour Club Condos in Toronto
WILLIAM CONWAY/PROGRESS PHOTOGRAPHY
Work is moving up on the York Harbour Club Condominiums on Bastion Street in Toronto, Ont.
Construction manager TMG Builders began the two-tower project in November 2011 for owner Plaza Corp. and the work includes one 17-storey and one 16-storey tower with a total of 502 units and four levels of underground parking.
The towers will be connected by a six-storey podium and completion is scheduled for early 2014. The project was designed by Quadrangle Architects. Consultants are: Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and Concord Engineering (mechanical/electrical).
Subtrades include: Anpro Excavating & Grading Ltd.; Drillco Foundation Co. Ltd. (shoring/caissons); Canada Wide Reinforcing Steel Co. Ltd. (rebar); Verdi (formwork); Global Precast; VIP Railings (structural steel); CBM (concrete); Primo Mechanical; Nortown Electric; State Windows Corp. Tedesco (roofing) and ThyssenKrupp Elevator Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 515 projects with a total value of $3,642,725,048 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$47,000,000 Metro Toronto Reg ON Tenders
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$34,000,000 East Gwillimbury ON Prebid
- Ex-Canadian military bases can be transformed
- Shop and Sleep
- Martin remembered for infectious laugh and mentorship
- Staffing levels and safety drive Ontario elevator worker strike
- Proposed wood-frame use meets opposition
- Provincial MPP supporters of prompt payment legislation excited at prospects
- Concrete airplane in South Dakota takes flight
- Opposition tackle Harper government on lack of youth employment
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Commercial Construction
- Ruling vindicates company that hired Chinese workers
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Investigation continues in deliberate Vancouver duplex fire
- Ancient First Nations site damaged during BC Hydro work
- On Target
- Global engineering guidelines taking shape
- Fit to Work program being developed
- Dire prediction
- Canada and Ireland sign recognition agreement
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)