LATEST NEWS Green Building
January 31, 2013
Oshawa Centre redevelopment and expansion work worth $230 million
“Ivanhoé Cambridge’s substantial investment in Oshawa Centre will enhance the centre’s fashion offering, solidify its competitive positioning and enable it to meet retailer demand,” said David Baffa, Vice President, Retail Development, Central Region, Ivanhoé Cambridge.
The project will result in 24,000 square metres of new construction, including approximately 17,000 square metres of redeveloped retail space and approximately 7,000 square metres of new retail. Construction is expected to begin in summer 2013 and is slated for completion in spring 2016.
The project will include over 60 new retail concepts, including two additional large format retailers; a new 1,000-seat food court; new main entrances on the east side; new and updated entrances on the west side; upgraded seating area elements, including floor and ceiling treatment; and fully renovated washrooms with modern upgraded finishes.
Oshawa Centre was one of the first to be recognized for excellence in the environmental management and performance, achieving the BOMA Best level 4. The centre will continue its exceptional leadership in sustainability and environmental practices.
Follow @DCN_Canada on Twitter for more construction news
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin