February 6, 2013
Rising on the Job
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Construction is progressing at the World on Yonge residential and commercial development at Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue in Thornhill, Ont.
The owner is Liberty Development Corp. and general contractor is Darcon Inc. The project designed to meet LEED Silver certification includes two condominium towers with a podium and underground parking, retail space, a boutique hotel, and an office tower.
The project was designed by Kirkor Architects and Planners. Interior designers are Smith Grimley Harris Design (office) and Hefele Makowka Design Associates (condos). Consultants include: Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical) and Fluent Group Consulting Inc. (LEED).
Subcontractors include: Dufferin Concrete; Verdi Alliance; Village Masonry; University Plumbing & Heating; OZZ Electric Inc. and Alliance Waterproofing Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 527 projects with a total value of $1,552,331,732 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$120,000,000 Oakville ON Tenders
$48,225,000 Etobicoke ON Prebid
$40,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- CCA96th: Unlocking Canada's Potential
- VIDEO: LiUNA Local 183 Training Centre introduces new programs
- Break ground beyond Canada, says new CCA chair
- Construction of Haiti’s Ecole Lakay drives forward
- The power of proper project management
- Panama Construction Fact for Today
- Federal government unveils $32.5 million in funding for Quebec ice oval
- Canadian job market “sputters” in February
- Construction and machinery to see increased investment, says StatsCan
- Line 3 pipeline plans for Enbridge
- Manitoba focuses on infrastructure spending in budget
- Concerns raised about P3 approach for Saskatchewan schools
- Team work and prep are keys to success: Hadfield
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of March 10th, 2014
- Panama Canal expansion digs deep
- Wood Design Awards
- Outgoing chair reflects on time at the helm of the CCA
- School board asks for traditional procurement
- Site Services in Vancouver
- Looking to improve contract awards
- Environmental verdict riles Taseko
- Prentice to mediate First Nations agreements
- CAWIC funded to create action plan to attract women
- More video surveillance used on construction sites
- Modular workforce housing meets Alberta Building Code standard
- Manitoba outlines infrastructure plan
- BC Hydro posts RFQ for Site C project