February 6, 2013
Rising on the Job
HOWARD MANDEL/APERTURE IMAGING
Construction is progressing at the World on Yonge residential and commercial development at Yonge Street and Steeles Avenue in Thornhill, Ont.
The owner is Liberty Development Corp. and general contractor is Darcon Inc. The project designed to meet LEED Silver certification includes two condominium towers with a podium and underground parking, retail space, a boutique hotel, and an office tower.
The project was designed by Kirkor Architects and Planners. Interior designers are Smith Grimley Harris Design (office) and Hefele Makowka Design Associates (condos). Consultants include: Able Engineering (mechanical/electrical) and Fluent Group Consulting Inc. (LEED).
Subcontractors include: Dufferin Concrete; Verdi Alliance; Village Masonry; University Plumbing & Heating; OZZ Electric Inc. and Alliance Waterproofing Ltd.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 376 projects with a total value of $1,488,736,331 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$79,500,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$43,000,000 Clarington ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job