February 6, 2013
IUOE Local 793 ratify new three-year deal
A large portion of members from Local 793 of the International Union of Operating Engineers voted to ratify a new three-year Provincial Collective Agreement with contractors during a meeting on Jan. 28.
The new deal will provide members with a $3.95 an hour pay increase over the next three years.
The first $1.45 an hour hike will take effect on May 1, followed by a $1.30 an hour increase the following year, ending with a $1.20 an hour jump in 2015.
Also, the new agreement hopes to encourage job opportunities for mobile crane apprentices and increase the ratio of apprentices to journeypersons.
Work expenses and allowance will also receive a three per cent bump each year until May 1, 2015.
The agreement, which will last until April 30, 2016, affects operators who work on cranes and heavy equipment at construction sites across Ontario.
“Both sides worked hard to reach the settlement because there are many important infrastructure, energy sector and institutional projects throughout the province that need to be brought to completion to deliver the services that the public need,” said Local 793 Business Manager Mike Gallagher in a press statement.
Follow @DCN_Canada on Twitter for more construction news.
DCN DIGITAL MEDIA
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant