February 20, 2013
CDBI releases updated version of manual
The Canadian Design-Build Institute (CDBI) has released revised versions of the CDBI Design-Build Practice Manual Series 100 “Introduction & General” and Series 200 “A Guide to Procurement and Award,” which have been updated to address the current industry operating environment and concerns.
“As the design-build environment has changed and evolved over time, the Canadian Design-Build Institute wants to ensure we can address this ongoing evolution by making available current and up-to-date information and guidelines,” said CDBI chair Neil McFarlane.
“With the feedback we have received from across Canada, these updates provide the relevant information required for those involved in design-build projects.”
Of the updates incorporated into the new documents, Series 200 has been expanded to provide more detail on how to calculate the amount of honoraria owners should be paying, including matrices to help calculate honoraria on low, medium and high complexity projects.
As well, the Series 200 guide explains why owners should be prepared to pay reasonable fees for professional proposals, largely due to the fully developed design solutions that may come in through multiple proposals. The added benefit of seeing these various solutions should ensure some compensation is shared back to those creating the proposals.
An order form for the new guides is available on the CDBI website at cdbi.org or through contacting local partner associations for purchasing information.
The Canadian Design-Build Institute was set up in 1998 as a special committee of the Canadian Construction Association. It is the national voice of Canadian design-build practitioners. CDBI represents about 200 firms. Its mission is to promote the use of the design-build method of contracting where suitable; to educate the industry in proper utilization of this contracting method; to recommend best practices policies and procedures to support design-build utilization; and to provide a forum for practitioners.
Follow @DCN_Canada on Twitter.
DCN NEWS SERVICES
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 387 projects with a total value of $7,314,102,807 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Whitby ON Tenders
$100,000,000 Brampton ON Prebid
$66,000,000 Peterborough ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex