Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
April 16, 2014
The Canada Green Building Council (CGBC) has announced that LEED projects in the country are off to a strong start in 2014, with 140 news certifications as of March 31, 2014.
April 14, 2014
With the prospect of an election growing more likely every day, the minority Liberals’ spring budget may turn out to be more campaign platform than peace treaty.
April 8, 2014
When Lafarge, the international cement and concrete giant, decided to build a duplex dwelling in Edmonton for Habitat for Humanity, there was quite a bit of comment among those who watch things like advances in “green” technologies.
March 6, 2014
There were a total of 574 Canadian projects that received LEED certification in 2013, the highest in any prior years, according to the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC).
March 5, 2014
Dr. Woodrow (Woody) W. Clark II will be the keynote speaker at Canada’s first All-Energy Exhibition and Conference in April.
February 11, 2014
The Vistal II tower located on Montreal’s Nun’s Island has been certified LEED Gold by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). The adjacent Vistal I tower was certified the same certification in 2011.
February 7, 2014
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has announced the 50,000th LEED-certified green housing unit has been reached.
February 7, 2014
The introduction of LEED v4 will take green building to the next level, announced the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
January 29, 2014
Export Development Canada (EDC) has priced its first Green Bond in the principal amount of US$300 million, reflecting EDC’s commitment to the environmental aspects of its Corporate Social Responsibility principles.
January 27, 2014
The University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Engineering is launching a graduate diploma in green energy to provide professional development for working engineers through real-time online learning.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 415 projects with a total value of $3,354,507,550 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$200,000,000 Milton ON Tenders
$55,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Lennox and Addington Co ON Negotiated
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant