Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
December 13, 2013
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has released the third and final installment of its LEED in Motion report series: Impacts and Innovation.
December 12, 2013
When a trio of LEED-accredited professionals conducted a seminar at the recent Construct Canada conference, one of the questions on the agenda was whether LEED Platinum is currently viable as a minimum standard for new construction projects.
December 10, 2013
An eco-friendly building rating system that has powered a green arms race across the nation now faces a challenge from policymakers and an upstart rival.
December 2, 2013
The International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC) and the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA) have released a new set of practical guides for use by those involved in developing infrastructure.
November 12, 2013
In a few weeks, approximately 30,000 people from all over the world will descend upon the city of Philadelphia for the Greenbuild International Conference & Expo, which features three days of extensive educational programming, workshops and showcases of the latest green products and services.
November 6, 2013
The provincial government plans to create green bonds to finance environmentally friendly infrastructure projects across Ontario, including transit projects.
November 5, 2013
RBC and B+H Architects have announced the launch of the second annual Evolve Sustainable Design Competition for university students in Canada. This year, Evolve challenges student teams to design a net-zero energy and water-wise sports institute.
October 29, 2013
Construction will begin this fall on a Haldimand County solar project that its developers say will be Canada’s largest.
October 2, 2013
The Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) will display over 4,000 LEED projects front and centre as part of World Green Building Week which runs from Sept. 16-20.
October 1, 2013
The Toronto Green Standard has been updated to include higher energy conservation targets for new buildings.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- RCMP make another arrest in connection with its SNC-Lavalin probe
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Toronto housing not cooling off, says BMO
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 366 projects with a total value of $3,913,656,488 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$75,140,000 Waterloo ON Tenders
$62,710,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
$50,000,000 Oshawa ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Construct Canada 2013 CEO Power Breakfast
- New tech drives construction over last 25 years: panel
- Duffin Pumping Station Moves Up
- Relationships are integral to break into the Chinese market for construction
- Construction efficiency a growing concern
- RES Canada to build SunEdison solar facilities
- Lafarge launches new corporate website
- USGBC releases LEED in Motion report
- Ritchie Bros. $43 million agriculture equipment auction its best-ever
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 16th, 2013
- New Westminster Development
- Natural gas generating facilities planned
- Refinery costs jump by $2.8 billion
- Employers must be aware of liability at holiday office parties
- New charges needed for infrastructure
- Skills Training at BCIT
- Auditor generals weigh in on value of P3s
- Low lead requirements kicking in next year
- Mental heath and workplace psychology must be addressed
- Edmonton International Airport mall takes shape
- University of Winnipeg building an apartment complex