Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
April 21, 2014
CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
Following the Lac-Mégantic, Que. train derailment and the 2013 Calgary floods, the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC) will provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in Lac-Mégantic and for homes in the Calgary region.
April 16, 2014
The Canada Green Building Council (CGBC) has announced that LEED projects in the country are off to a strong start in 2014, with 140 news certifications as of March 31, 2014.
April 14, 2014
With the prospect of an election growing more likely every day, the minority Liberals’ spring budget may turn out to be more campaign platform than peace treaty.
April 8, 2014
When Lafarge, the international cement and concrete giant, decided to build a duplex dwelling in Edmonton for Habitat for Humanity, there was quite a bit of comment among those who watch things like advances in “green” technologies.
March 6, 2014
There were a total of 574 Canadian projects that received LEED certification in 2013, the highest in any prior years, according to the Canadian Green Building Council (CaGBC).
February 11, 2014
The Vistal II tower located on Montreal’s Nun’s Island has been certified LEED Gold by the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC). The adjacent Vistal I tower was certified the same certification in 2011.
February 7, 2014
The U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) has announced the 50,000th LEED-certified green housing unit has been reached.
February 7, 2014
The introduction of LEED v4 will take green building to the next level, announced the Canada Green Building Council (CaGBC).
January 29, 2014
Export Development Canada (EDC) has priced its first Green Bond in the principal amount of US$300 million, reflecting EDC’s commitment to the environmental aspects of its Corporate Social Responsibility principles.
January 27, 2014
The University of Waterloo’s Faculty of Engineering is launching a graduate diploma in green energy to provide professional development for working engineers through real-time online learning.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job