Visit Green Building at Journal of Commerce
May 21, 2013
The roofs on Toronto buildings are becoming more green, according to the Annual Green Roof Industry Survey.
May 9, 2013
A green building advisory committee established by the General Services Administration (GSA), has officially recommended that the LEED certification system be used for all GSA buildings as the best measure of building efficiency. The committee also conveyed that LEED should be the primary way to show how agency buildings use energy and water and that LEED standards are the most conducive to meet the Energy Independence and Security Act.
May 8, 2013
Planned as a first in a series of forums on sustainable development, Sustainability, Durability, and Design: The Future of Building Envelope, kicked off the series organized by Holcim Canada, the University of Toronto’s Department of Civil Engineering and the John H. Daniels Faculty of Architecture, Landscape, and Design.
May 1, 2013
Miller Paving Ltd.’s (the Miller Group) research and development on uses for Reclaimed Asphalt Pavement (RAP) materials in pavement processes where RAP materials had not traditionally been considered has earned the organization the 2013 ORBA Green Leadership and Sustainability Award.
April 29, 2013
A new web portal has been launched to engage stakeholders and the public in discussing concrete’s sustainability and provide information on the topic.
April 24, 2013
Tim Hortons opened its first LEED-certified restaurant in Hamilton, Ont.
April 17, 2013
The downtown Kitchener headquarters of WalterFedy has received LEED Silver certification in the commercial interiors category. Seen above is a view of the lobby.
April 9, 2013
Grimsby native Tyler Green, newly elected president of the Niagara Construction Association (NCA), says association members stand to reap benefits from a number of large-scale projects planned in the region over the next couple of years.
April 4, 2013
The Ontario Association of Architects (OAA) has honoured the best in architectural design in its 2013 awards program.
March 11, 2013
A new comprehensive report released by the World Green Building Council (WorldGBC), highlights that there are a large number of compelling benefits from green buildings received by different stakeholders throughout the life cycle of a building.
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 470 projects with a total value of $6,376,918,947 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$104,727,250 Toronto ON Tenders
$50,000,000 Markham ON Tenders
$25,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- Prompt payment bill headed to committee
- Final Phase
- A return to core values a must for banks: Carney
- OHMPA on the road with informative seminars
- Local 675 strike ends after new agreement ratified
- NDP says it will support Liberal budget, averting spring election
- Measure of U.S. economy’s future health rises 0.6 per cent in April after March dip
- Terratec awarded Brighton, Ont. Lagoon Clean-Out Project contract
- Fundraising campaign to reach target for new Shriners Hospital for Children
- George Brown College building named after Tridel CEO
- Construction Site Arson
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 27th, 2013
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Acetylene torch explosion causes significant damage
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project
|ALEX’S ECONOMICS BLOG|
Reed Construction Data Canada’s Chief Economist Alex Carrick discusses current developments in the North American economic environment with emphasis on the construction industry.
- An Overview of Prices and Sales in the Diverging U.S. and Canadian Housing Markets (April 25, 2013)
- Canada’s Precarious Dependence on the Commodity Price Super-Cycle (April 22, 2013)
- Twenty major upcoming residential and transportation terminal construction projects - April 2013 (April 15, 2013)