Government of Canada/Public Works — June 13, 2012National Fighter Procurement Secretariat to Table Department of National Defence Annual Report in Fall 2012
GATINEAU, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - June 13, 2012) - The National Fighter Procurement Secretariat (NFPS) has recommended, and the Government has agreed, to table the Department of National Defence annual update required by the seven-point action plan in Parliament during the fall of 2012.
The seven-point action plan announced in response to the April 3, 2012 Auditor General of Canada's report called for the Department of National Defence to table an update report through the Secretariat within 60 days of receipt of the annual costing forecast from the US-based Joint Project Office.
The Secretariat has recommended that the first annual update be tabled in Parliament during the fall of 2012. Careful consideration has been given to the sequencing of the work required. The update needs to meet three conditions: it needs to be complete, it needs to provide a full project update and it needs to be independently verified. These conditions cannot be satisfactorily met prior to the fall.
This additional time will allow for the completion of the independent review that will be commissioned by the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat and that will help set a consistent life-cycle costing framework that will be used to report costing estimates for this project. This will enable the Department of National Defence to more effectively report costs to Parliament and the public as well as ensure that the estimated life cycle costs associated with the program can be examined through an independent review process. For this reason, this year's annual update will not be tabled within the prescribed 60 days. Annual reports from 2013 on will be tabled in Parliament within a maximum of 60 days receipt of the annual costing forecasts from the US-based Joint Project Office.
The contract for this review will be administered by the Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat. Procurement information about the independent review work will soon be posted on the Government of Canada's tendering system hosted on MERX.
Please visit the National Fighter Procurement Secretariat website for additional information.
PWGSC news releases are also available on our Internet site at http://www.tpsgc-pwgsc.gc.ca/medias-media/index-eng.html.
Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/PWGSC_TPSGC.
Public Works and Government Services Canada
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
Nouvelle maison d'hébergement d'urgence à Melfort (2014-04-11)
New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-11)
Media Advisory: New Emergency Shelter in Melfort (2014-04-10)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 481 projects with a total value of $2,274,238,471 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$150,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
$135,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
$82,000,000 Toronto ON Tenders
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- Covering up the Celsius
- Frontier Oilsands Mine joint review panel raises concerns among some First Nations
- The rise of biomaterials in construction
- Doors open on latest PPP Canada funding
- U.S. builders’ confidence rises but is limited by tight credit and shortages of labour and lots
- Keystone XL opponents carve message
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Fort McMurray airport terminal getting ready for take off
- B.C. government forms liquefied natural gas working group
- Kitimat residents vote against Northern Gateway pipeline
- Precast concrete enables net-zero homes
- Learning to dig safely can save lives
- Ex construction boss admits to collusion in government contracts
- P3 Fund launches
- Supreme court won't hear case involving construction mogul
- Minister spurns spat over plant