Construction/Building — November 7, 2012Goodfellow Inc. Announces Changes to its Board of Directors
DELSON, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Nov. 7, 2012) - The Board of Directors of Goodfellow Inc. (TSX:GDL) announced today that Mr. Claude Garcia will be appointed as Chairman of the Board effective immediately. Mr. Garcia was the President and CEO in Canada of The Standard Life Assurance Company and associated companies for more than 20 years. He has numerous directorships in publicly traded companies and has proven to be a resourceful director during the last 7 years with Goodfellow. Mr. Garcia replaces Mr. Stephen Jarislowsky who acted as Chairman for over 20 years. Mr. Jarislowsky will remain a director of the Company as Honorary Chairman and will stand for election at the next Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders.
Furthermore, Mr. Normand Morin, an independent director, will be appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee effective immediately. Mr. Morin was elected as director at the last Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders. He is currently a director at Canam Group Inc. and GLV Inc.
Goodfellow's shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: GDL).
President and CEO
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding