Construction/Building — November 7, 2012Goodfellow Inc. Announces Changes to its Board of Directors
DELSON, QUEBEC--(Marketwire - Nov. 7, 2012) - The Board of Directors of Goodfellow Inc. (TSX:GDL) announced today that Mr. Claude Garcia will be appointed as Chairman of the Board effective immediately. Mr. Garcia was the President and CEO in Canada of The Standard Life Assurance Company and associated companies for more than 20 years. He has numerous directorships in publicly traded companies and has proven to be a resourceful director during the last 7 years with Goodfellow. Mr. Garcia replaces Mr. Stephen Jarislowsky who acted as Chairman for over 20 years. Mr. Jarislowsky will remain a director of the Company as Honorary Chairman and will stand for election at the next Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders.
Furthermore, Mr. Normand Morin, an independent director, will be appointed as Chairman of the Audit Committee effective immediately. Mr. Morin was elected as director at the last Annual General Meeting of the Shareholders. He is currently a director at Canam Group Inc. and GLV Inc.
Goodfellow's shares are traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange (ticker symbol: GDL).
President and CEO
Latest Industry Press Releases
DIRTT to Release 2014 Q1 Results on May 12, 2014 (2014-04-24)
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- Having a blast on the job — demo with finesse
- Does a roadmap to a sustainable future exist?
- Work complete on South Kent Wind project
- Draft standard for snow loads on buildings in northern Canada open for feedback
- Community murals brighten up construction hoarding on TTC projects
- Protecting endangered species a focus on Highway 15 work
- Intricate demolition saves venerable newspaper building façade
- London Roundhouse project takes selective demolition to high art
- London hospital tear down not your average demo
- Strategic demolition repurposes Bowater Mersey paper plant
- Barn razing: demolition of Charlottetown racehorse stables
- Incarceration gives way to innovation at Bridgepoint
- Breaking good: National Demolition Association updates safety manual
- Droppings responsible for respiratory illness at Quebec demolition site
- Innovative storm water solution under Denison Road
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 28th, 2014
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job