Construction/Building — November 16, 2012PFB Corporation and NOVA Chemicals Corporation Terminate Letter of Intent for Acquisition of Nova Chemicals' Performance Styrenics Business
CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwire - Nov. 16, 2012) - PFB Corporation (TSX:PFB) ("PFB") announces that it has agreed with Nova Chemicals Corporation ("NOVA Chemicals") to terminate their letter of intent whereby PFB would acquire NOVA Chemicals' Performance Styrenics business, including the expandable polystyrene ("EPS") and ARCEL® resin products.
PFB and NOVA Chemicals have been unable to execute definitive agreements in accordance with the terms of the Letter of Intent.
PFB Corporation is a vertically integrated manufacturer of insulating building products that are marketed across North America under five brands. Plasti-Fab, EPS Product Solutions® are products, manufactured using expanded polystyrene (EPS) as base raw materials, that are delivered to customers in five segmented markets. Advantage ICF Systems® are insulating concrete forming systems that are employed to build insulated foundations and walls from concrete in both residential and commercial markets. Insulspan® Structural Insulating Panels Systems (SIPS) are used to create structural walls and to replace trusses on roof systems to form an energy-efficient structural envelope. PFB Custom Homes Group includes Riverbend® Timber Framing, PrecisionCraft® Log &Timber Homes, Point Zero™ Homes and M.T.N Architects. Each brand provides clients with our exclusive Total Home Solution® for building custom homes in the US, Canada and internationally that can include Insulspan SIPS for the walls and roof, and Advantage ICFS for the building's foundations.
PFB Corporation is listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange, symbol PFB.
Stephen P. Hardy
Vice President & CFO
(403) 569 4303
(403) 569 4075 (FAX)
100, 2886 Sunridge Way NE
Calgary, Alberta T1Y 7H9
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job