Real Estate — November 16, 2012Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust to Redeem 6.65% Convertible Unsecured Subordinated Debentures
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 16, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION IN THE UNITED STATES OR OVER UNITED STATES WIRE SERVICES
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust ("Calloway" or the "REIT") (TSX:CWT.UN) announced today that it will redeem all of its outstanding 6.65% Convertible Unsecured Subordinated Debentures (the "Debentures") on December 18, 2012 (the "Redemption Date"). The Debentures were issued May 2, 2008 and mature on June 30, 2013.
The redemption price has been determined in accordance with the provisions of the Trust Indenture and Supplemental Indenture related to the Debentures. The redemption price will be paid in cash equal to the principle of $1,000 together with accrued and unpaid interest on the Debentures up to, but not including, the Redemption Date, for a total of $1,031.15 per $1,000 principal amount of Debentures (less any taxes required to be deducted or withheld) (the "Redemption Price").
Notice of redemption has been delivered to Computershare Trust Company of Canada in accordance with the Trust Indenture.
The aggregate principal amount of the Debentures currently outstanding is $99,483,000. Calloway intends to use cash on hand and to draw funds from its existing revolving line of credit to pay the Redemption Price to the extent the Debentures are not then converted. The Debentures are listed for trading on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the trading symbol "CWT.DB.A" and may be converted in accordance with their terms into Units of the REIT until December 17, 2012 The Debentures are convertible at $25.25 per Unit of the REIT.
Non-registered holders (banks, brokerage firms or other financial institutions) who maintain their interests in the Debentures through CDS & Co. ("CDS") should contact their CDS customer service representative with any questions about the redemption. Alternatively, beneficial holders with any questions about the redemption should contact their respective brokerage firm or financial institution, which holds interests in the Debentures through CDS on their behalf.
Calloway is one of Canada's largest real estate investment trusts with an enterprise value of approximately $6.5 billion. It owns and manages approximately 26.2 million square feet in 120 value-oriented retail centres having the strongest national and regional retailers, as well as strong neighbourhood merchants. Calloway's vision is to provide a value-oriented shopping experience to Canadian consumers. For more information on Calloway, visit www.callowayreit.com.
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust
President and Chief Executive Officer
(905) 326-6400 ext. 7649
Calloway Real Estate Investment Trust
Chief Financial Officer
(905) 326-6400 ext. 7631
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin