Construction/Building — November 19, 2012Killam Announces $30 Million Public Offering of Common Shares
HALIFAX, NOVA SCOTIA--(Marketwire - Nov. 19, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO THE UNITED STATES NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES
Killam Properties Inc. ("Killam") (TSX:KMP) is pleased to announce that it has reached an agreement with a syndicate of underwriters led by RBC Capital Markets to issue to the public, subject to regulatory approval, on a bought deal basis, 2,500,000 common shares (the "Shares") for $12.00 per Share for gross proceeds of $30,000,000. In addition, Killam has granted the Underwriters an over-allotment option for the purposes of covering the Underwriters' over-allocation portion for an additional 375,000 Shares, exercisable up to 30 days after closing of the offering.
Killam intends to use the net proceeds from this offering to repay certain indebtedness, including the redemption of its $10 million of unsecured subordinated debentures which bear interest at a weighted average contractual rate of 6.16% and mature on January 4, 2013, and the balance to fund future property acquisitions and developments, and for general corporate purposes.
Killam will, within the next few days, file with the securities commissions and other similar regulatory authorities in each of the provinces of Canada, excluding Quebec, a preliminary short form prospectus relating to the issuance of the Shares. Closing of the offering is expected to take place on or about December 10, 2012.
This press release is not an offering of securities for sale in the United States. The Shares being offered have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and state securities laws. Accordingly, the Shares may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an exemption from the registration requirements of that Act.
Killam Properties Inc., based in Halifax, Nova Scotia, is one of Canada's largest residential landlords, owning, operating and developing multi-family apartments and manufactured home communities.
Note: Certain statements in this report may constitute forward-looking statements relating to the offering, our operations and the environment in which we operate, which are based on our expectations, estimates, forecast and projections, which we believe are reasonable as of the current date. Such forward-looking statements involve risks, uncertainties and other factors which may cause actual results, performance or achievements of Killam to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. For more exhaustive information on these risks and uncertainties, you should refer to our most recently filed annual information form which is available at www.sedar.com. Readers, therefore, should not place undue reliance on any such forward-looking statements. Further, a forward-looking statement speaks only as of the date on which such statement is made and should not be relied upon as of any other date. Other than as required by law, Killam does not undertake to update any of such forward-looking statements.
Killam Properties Inc.
President & CEO
Killam Properties Inc.
Dale Noseworthy, CA, CFA
Vice President, Investor Relations and Corporate Planning
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
CanWel Announces Election of Directors (2013-05-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Hundreds of workers to be out of work as Caterpillar Inc. is set to close Toronto factory
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 316 projects with a total value of $2,787,806,637 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$90,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Prebid
$82,000,000 White River Twp ON Tenders
$40,650,000 Markham ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- Multi-employer approach needed in apprenticeships
- New Perspective
- ACEC’s input helps develop global engineering guidelines
- Clerk of works position gives peace of mind on projects
- World Trade Center developer’s plan for a 926-foot tower moving ahead
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- Cold spring and weak construction hurt Deere’s 2013 predictions
- CanBIM reschedule June session
- More green roofs top Toronto buildings
- Witness recants testimony in Montreal corruption case
- Construction Site Arson
- Journal of Commerce Update for the week of May 20th, 2013
- Industry reacts to surprise B.C. Liberal majority
- Calgary Airport Tunnel
- Worker at centre of union sign up allegations speaks out
- Calgary program aims to get more people into the trades
- Midrise in the City
- Veterans battle barriers into the trades
- Government makes changes to online tendering
- SNC-Lavalin maintains that new bribery allegations have been resolved
- B.C. faces a tough battle for top talent
- Keyano College building state of the art training facility
- Essential skills can play a vital role in an apprentices' success
- Taking a closer look at the risks in green building for contractors
- Colleges conduct construction research in addition to teaching
- Skills Canada BC Competition
- Lower Mainland high school trades program is unique
- Construction Learning Forum aims to educate
- High schools looking for more industry participation
- Industrial construction supervisor program takes off
- Saskatchewan bill passed
- Edmonton garners support for regional cash for arena
- Feds pledge $5 million for Vimy memorial