Real Estate — November 30, 2012Primaris Retail REIT Completes $317.6 Million Acquisition of Two Shopping Centres
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 30, 2012) - Primaris Retail REIT (TSX:PMZ.UN) announces that today it completed the previously announced acquisition (the "Acquisition") of two shopping centres from The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited for $317.6 million dollars (the "Purchase Price"). Primaris purchased Regent Mall, Fredericton, New Brunswick and McAllister Place, Saint John, New Brunswick.
|The Properties||Location||Gross Leasable Area (SF)|
|Regent Mall||Fredericton, New Brunswick||488,000|
|McAllister Place||Saint John, New Brunswick||489,000|
Primaris Retail REIT previously reported that it completed the issuance to the public (including the full exercise of the over-allotment option) of 4,904,750 Units with gross proceeds of $115,016,387.
Primaris obtained a $114 million, 10 year mortgage financing secured by Regent Mall that bears interest at 4.03%. In addition Primaris obtained a $76 million seven year mortgage financing secured by McAllister Place that bears interest at 3.68%. The net proceeds from the offering and mortgage financings were used to pay a portion of the purchase price for the Acquisition as well as the REIT's expenses with respect to the Acquisition.
Primaris Retail REIT is a TSX listed real estate investment trust that specializes in owning and operating Canadian enclosed shopping centres that are dominant in their local trade areas. Each property is flexible in order to meet the unique needs of its local customers and the specifications of that community. Primaris boasts a high occupancy rate (over 97 per cent) and is always remerchandising its centres to bring new and exciting brands to its properties. This combined with its focus on acquiring valuable Canadian properties, makes Primaris a smart, sound investment.
Primaris owns 35 income-producing properties comprising approximately 14.7 million square feet located in Canada. As of October 29, 2012, Primaris had 95,059,363 units issued and outstanding, including 2,122,261 Exchangeable Units.
Primaris Retail REIT
John R. Morrison
President and Chief Executive Officer
Primaris Retail REIT
Louis M. Forbes
Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Latest Industry Press Releases
DIRTT to Release 2014 Q1 Results on May 12, 2014 (2014-04-24)
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 479 projects with a total value of $1,224,678,004 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Wednesday.
$31,000,000 Richmond Hill ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Brampton ON Tenders
$30,000,000 Mississauga ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- TCIC bid competition a prep for the future, say students
- George Street Glass
- Enbridge pledges jobs with proposed pipeline
- Ontario now off coal
- CEO honours top Ontario engineer firms
- Muskrat Falls project costs going up, reports Nalcor Energy CEO
- Ex government engineer accepted gifts in exchange for contracts
- Alberta health and safety officials investigate death of electrician
- Merit Contractors Association president announces retirement
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job