Real Estate — November 30, 2012Primaris Retail REIT Completes $317.6 Million Acquisition of Two Shopping Centres
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Nov. 30, 2012) - Primaris Retail REIT (TSX:PMZ.UN) announces that today it completed the previously announced acquisition (the "Acquisition") of two shopping centres from The Cadillac Fairview Corporation Limited for $317.6 million dollars (the "Purchase Price"). Primaris purchased Regent Mall, Fredericton, New Brunswick and McAllister Place, Saint John, New Brunswick.
|The Properties||Location||Gross Leasable Area (SF)|
|Regent Mall||Fredericton, New Brunswick||488,000|
|McAllister Place||Saint John, New Brunswick||489,000|
Primaris Retail REIT previously reported that it completed the issuance to the public (including the full exercise of the over-allotment option) of 4,904,750 Units with gross proceeds of $115,016,387.
Primaris obtained a $114 million, 10 year mortgage financing secured by Regent Mall that bears interest at 4.03%. In addition Primaris obtained a $76 million seven year mortgage financing secured by McAllister Place that bears interest at 3.68%. The net proceeds from the offering and mortgage financings were used to pay a portion of the purchase price for the Acquisition as well as the REIT's expenses with respect to the Acquisition.
Primaris Retail REIT is a TSX listed real estate investment trust that specializes in owning and operating Canadian enclosed shopping centres that are dominant in their local trade areas. Each property is flexible in order to meet the unique needs of its local customers and the specifications of that community. Primaris boasts a high occupancy rate (over 97 per cent) and is always remerchandising its centres to bring new and exciting brands to its properties. This combined with its focus on acquiring valuable Canadian properties, makes Primaris a smart, sound investment.
Primaris owns 35 income-producing properties comprising approximately 14.7 million square feet located in Canada. As of October 29, 2012, Primaris had 95,059,363 units issued and outstanding, including 2,122,261 Exchangeable Units.
Primaris Retail REIT
John R. Morrison
President and Chief Executive Officer
Primaris Retail REIT
Louis M. Forbes
Executive Vice President & Chief Financial Officer
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding