Real Estate — December 4, 2012Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust Announces Closing of Public Equity Offering
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 4, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) announced today that it has closed its previously announced offering of 3,737,500 units (inclusive of 487,500 units issued pursuant to the exercise in full of the underwriters' over-allotment option) at a price of $30.80 per unit for gross proceeds of just over $115 million. The units were qualified by a short form prospectus dated November 27, 2012, and were underwritten by a syndicate of underwriters led by Scotiabank and including RBC Capital Markets, CIBC, TD Securities Inc., BMO Capital Markets, Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd., National Bank Financial Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp., Desjardins Securities Inc., Dundee Securities Ltd. and GMP Securities L.P.
Allied intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund income-enhancing capital projects now underway, to fund anticipated future acquisitions, to retire mortgage indebtedness as it comes due, to repay amounts drawn on its credit facility to fund recent acquisitions and for general trust purposes.
Allied Properties REIT is a leading owner, manager and developer of urban office environments that enrich experience and enhance profitability for business tenants operating in Canada's major cities. Its objectives are to provide stable and growing cash distributions to unitholders and to maximize unitholder value through effective management and accretive portfolio growth. For further information, please refer to Allied's website at www.alliedreit.com.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Superior Plus Announces December 2013 Cash Dividend (2013-12-05)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Construction begins on 1.5-kilometre western portion of Mississauga transitway
- OCOT consultation comes to a halt over possible bias
- Mandatory safety training kicks in next year
- Tunnelling of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension completed
- P3s put a jolt in electricity infrastructure
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 321 projects with a total value of $20,605,386,875 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Friday.
$500,000,000 Province of Ontario ON Prebid
$139,300,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$67,650,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- NTCCC takes to Parliament Hill tomorrow
- Emerald Park Progress
- “Super beam” installed in Montreal Champlain Bridge repair
- Is there energy gold to be mined in sewage processing?
- Ottawa LRT tunnel boring machines named
- Better transportation key to quality of life, states CivicAction
- Three World Cup stadiums behind schedule
- Ontario introduces legislation to help protect vulnerable workers
- Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar inspires design of new strip mall currently being built in Las Vegas
- VIDEO: Journal of Commerce Update for the week of December 9th, 2013
- Building the One
- New design-build contracts released
- Sales tax transition has been a mixed bag for industry
- Taseko files for judicial review of gold mine assessment
- Contract uncertainty and price escalation
- Edmonton college expansion moves ahead
- Council of Construction Associations names Dave Baspaly as new president
- $100 million added to Calgary's capital budget
- Massive investment will complete Kitimat smelter project
- Manitoba invests $45 million
- Corruption charge in probe of SNC-Lavalin