Real Estate — December 4, 2012Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust Announces Closing of Public Equity Offering
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 4, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) announced today that it has closed its previously announced offering of 3,737,500 units (inclusive of 487,500 units issued pursuant to the exercise in full of the underwriters' over-allotment option) at a price of $30.80 per unit for gross proceeds of just over $115 million. The units were qualified by a short form prospectus dated November 27, 2012, and were underwritten by a syndicate of underwriters led by Scotiabank and including RBC Capital Markets, CIBC, TD Securities Inc., BMO Capital Markets, Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd., National Bank Financial Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp., Desjardins Securities Inc., Dundee Securities Ltd. and GMP Securities L.P.
Allied intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund income-enhancing capital projects now underway, to fund anticipated future acquisitions, to retire mortgage indebtedness as it comes due, to repay amounts drawn on its credit facility to fund recent acquisitions and for general trust purposes.
Allied Properties REIT is a leading owner, manager and developer of urban office environments that enrich experience and enhance profitability for business tenants operating in Canada's major cities. Its objectives are to provide stable and growing cash distributions to unitholders and to maximize unitholder value through effective management and accretive portfolio growth. For further information, please refer to Allied's website at www.alliedreit.com.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
New Affordable Housing Open in Regina (2014-04-14)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- Lafarge’s research tackles cement’s “bad boy” image
- Waterloo Region LRT work agreement almost done
- RFP released to shortlisted teams for Milton hospital expansion
- Upset waters over new Ontario diving regulations
- The Working Dead — construction of a post-apocalyptic zombie world
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 371 projects with a total value of $1,936,826,394 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Thursday.
$134,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$128,250,000 North York ON Prebid
$100,000,000 Toronto ON Prebid
- Debate swirls over OCOT’s merit on its anniversary
- WaterGarden Worker
- Ontario to invest in cycling infrastructure
- U.S. construction labour concerns
- Compulsory certification in carpentry a “job killer”, says Kenney
- CaGBC to provide free LEED registration and certification for commercial projects in disaster-hit cities
- Economic cost of weather catastrophes is under appreciated: report
- Scotiabank sees slow growth in housing
- Photo Gallery: 2014 ACEC BC Awards of Excellence winners
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Making Metro
- Crumbling roads a key election issue
- Early stages of concrete pump operator certification being developed in B.C.
- Legal battle over temporary foreign workers heats up
- Dive tower pushes formwork forward
- Understanding municipal strategy
- Calgary firm fined $35,000 for workplace injury
- B.C. labour minister calls for WorkSafeBC reforms
- B.C. prison proceeding