Real Estate — December 4, 2012Allied Properties Real Estate Investment Trust Announces Closing of Public Equity Offering
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Dec. 4, 2012) -
NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWSWIRE SERVICES OR FOR DISSEMINATION IN THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
Allied Properties REIT (TSX:AP.UN) announced today that it has closed its previously announced offering of 3,737,500 units (inclusive of 487,500 units issued pursuant to the exercise in full of the underwriters' over-allotment option) at a price of $30.80 per unit for gross proceeds of just over $115 million. The units were qualified by a short form prospectus dated November 27, 2012, and were underwritten by a syndicate of underwriters led by Scotiabank and including RBC Capital Markets, CIBC, TD Securities Inc., BMO Capital Markets, Macquarie Capital Markets Canada Ltd., National Bank Financial Inc., Canaccord Genuity Corp., Desjardins Securities Inc., Dundee Securities Ltd. and GMP Securities L.P.
Allied intends to use the net proceeds of the offering to fund income-enhancing capital projects now underway, to fund anticipated future acquisitions, to retire mortgage indebtedness as it comes due, to repay amounts drawn on its credit facility to fund recent acquisitions and for general trust purposes.
Allied Properties REIT is a leading owner, manager and developer of urban office environments that enrich experience and enhance profitability for business tenants operating in Canada's major cities. Its objectives are to provide stable and growing cash distributions to unitholders and to maximize unitholder value through effective management and accretive portfolio growth. For further information, please refer to Allied's website at www.alliedreit.com.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces April Dividend (2014-04-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 376 projects with a total value of $1,488,736,331 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Monday.
$79,500,000 Toronto ON Prebid
$43,000,000 Clarington ON Negotiated
$30,000,000 Ottawa ON Negotiated
- VIDEO: Debate still strong as OCOT turns one
- P3s gaining acceptance according to survey
- Office Job
- Wilson Station Stop
- MCAC and CIPH take Parliament Hill
- Construction progresses on Eglinton Crosstown LRT
- RFP issued for Highway 407 East
- Ontario announces May 1 budget date
- Arup to design wellhead platform concrete gravity structure for White Rose Extension Project
- Journal of Commerce Preview for the week of April 21st, 2014
- Truss Lift
- B.C. government reverses sweet gas deregulation
- CCA looking to engage Aboriginal communities with new taskforce
- Pembina Pipelines building regional headquarters in Alberta
- Biomaterials growing on construction
- Manitoba town is a design showcase
- Saskatchewan wind project moves forward
- Suncor worker death investigated
- Olympic builders return to the job