Construction/Building — January 4, 2013Canada Wood Frame Solutions Acquires Viceroy Homes Ltd.
TORONTO, ONTARIO--(Marketwire - Jan. 4, 2013) - Today, Daniel Fox, President and CEO of Viceroy Homes Ltd. announced that, effective Dec. 21, 2012, the sale of the company was formally concluded to Canada Wood Frame Solutions Ltd. (CWFS).
Canada Wood Frame Solutions Ltd. is a Canadian-owned and operated organization based in western Canada. The company consists of principals from the finance and related wood frame and building industries, with global interests and experience.
"This represents great news for Viceroy Homes and all its employees," said Fox, emphasizing that "CWFS is committed to Viceroy Homes' growth strategy in the existing core markets of North America and Japan, and their global experience is also uniquely positioned to help us accelerate our recent success in the massive Chinese market."
Viceroy Homes Ltd. is a Canadian-based global leader in pre-engineered home manufacturing and construction in the residential and industrial sectors. Over its 56-year history, Viceroy has manufactured and shipped superior quality buildings to over 45 countries, including Japan, Russia and China, and is considered a leader in wood frame building technology.
Latest Industry Press Releases
Black Diamond Group Limited Announces May Dividend (2013-05-17)
|MOST POPULAR STORIES|
- OPG $1 billion proposal to bury nuclear waste up for comment
- Proposed Ambassador Bridge twinning draws Windsor mayor’s ire
- Construction on pedestrian tunnel to Billy Bishop Airport continues to make progress
- Ontario prompt payment bill to get second reading today
- Call for action after MOL says workers are responsible for their own safety
- 20 Most Popular Stories
|TODAY’S TOP CONSTRUCTION PROJECTS|
These projects have been selected from 443 projects with a total value of $1,866,277,015 that Reed Construction Data Building Reports reported on Tuesday.
$353,800,000 North York ON Prebid
$90,000,000 Niagara Falls ON Prebid
$68,000,000 Oakville ON Prebid
- VIDEO: Economic Update May 21, 2013
- VIDEO: Competing in the trades
- New ETFO headquarters a benchmark design
- Viana steps up to rebuild burnt down playground
- Random drug testing about site safety, says expert
- Trying to define the “lowest price”
- High job vacancy rates for small business
- Minto to assist in zero energy housing project
- Construction Site Arson
- Historic church renovation reaches new heights
- Hiring of foreign workers for hospital project outrages union
- Festival of Architecture hits Halifax
- Winnipeg Southwest Transitway wins award
- Vendor performance is key measurement
- NDP leader spoke to police about corruption
- Big contract down under for ATCO Structures
- RFQ issued for Kamloops hospital project